Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DARKMAN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: DARKMAN Reply with quote

Something I'm working on. What do you think?

Click Here to View Full Sized Image

Click Here to View Full Sized Image
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,it looks intriguing so far and frankly,I and perhaps others had forgotten about this dark and action packed super hero that Liam Neeson played.

There were also 2 sequels after it,but they were kind of so so compared to the original.

Either way,it's good to see you do another super hero film,it's been awhile at that.
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its been a while. im kicking of 2012 with badassery. darkman will be its usher.
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this. Is this film going to take place after the first Dark Man movie or the sequels? Or it is going to be its own stand alone film?

~BatBoy13
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a stand alone. new city, new story.
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rac Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,bravo as always Chris,I still remember seeing the first Darkman movie years ago,so I understand plenty of what the character does and how he operates.

The more I see of Roberto Lombardi in your films the more I grow impressed with his performances since first seeing him in your krueger short. Has he done any TV or movie work before?

Anyways,we all look forward to what else you got next,good luck with future filming.[/code]
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he was in The Happening and Last Airbender. he's been in a bunch of stuff.
locostroko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new guy here. Always have enjoyed watching fan films. Never felt like registering (i've been a lurker I suppose) Any way. I've always loved darkman. But I guess I just didn't see the point in this. What about that made it Darkman other than the bandages. It was just one long talking scene without anything. Constructive criticism: have your characters do something interesting- not just sitting in a car. Half way through I was like "How is this a Darkman fan film? Also, I don't know if it was just a joke but "The end...go home."? I am home. Where else would I be watching an internet video.

Nice attempt though.
Works as a hobby piece.
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are a big fan of darkman, you wouldve picked up on the subtleties of the story. darkman is not like batman. he doesnt just pounce on badguys and kick their asses. he's an infiltrator. this film is about him assuming and changing identities to better suit his crusade. hes one guy, and when he learns it would be better to switch identities, he switches gears and strikes. also, we come to learn or it is at least implied, that darkman was posing as benny too. this was simply a character piece dude, like it or not, it is what i wanted it to be. and if a film with 2 people talking bores you, well im sorry to hear that. sometimes dialog is more important than ass kickings.

and as for the backhanded compliment, no this isnt a hobby dude. i do this for a living. have been for 8 years. clearly, youre not a fan of my work and thats fine. all the best to you.
locostroko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you I didn't mean it as a backhanded compliment. I just assumed your making of fan films was a hobby as you couldn't really do anything with them financially. I thought they were just a fun thing to do for kicks and thrills. Also I fully understand what it is that you were going for with the two person dialogue thing. It's just that I felt you used that "character development" more as a defense to perhaps your lack of a budget or actors etc. Again, no offense intended. I just kind of assumed this was a model train hobby, where other model train enthusiasts compliment, critique or offer advice on the simulated railway. The train hobbyists aren't going to actually build their own functioning railroad, and so I gathered you had no intentions of actually delivering this to Sam or Hollywood for that matter.
Lastly I'm not sure if you're familiar with Walter Murch or not. But he has an excellent book or two on the principles of editing to create mood. You should check it out (the name escapes me now).
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get where youre coming from. no fan films are and will always be for non-profit. but i make more than just fan films. im an actual producer. this short was basically a darkman test which i am indeed sending to sam raimi along with some more action packed footage. it was to demonstrate various things. also to prove what i can do in 2 hours with zero dollars in my pocket.

anyhoo, check out my other work. CHOICE and ROSES are my best two original films. CHOICE actually won an award recently. check them out on my site.

www.blinky-productions.com
twigg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the book you are referencing is called "In The Blink Of An Eye"?

Looks interesting. thanks for the recommendation.

Link: (click here)

Chris, I am a fan of dialogue and I don't think that every scene needs to be an ass kicker, but I agree that this one was a bit slow.
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, theres always next time.
twigg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with a bit of a trim it would be just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: