Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PLEASE HELP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

I know its alot to ask but if you have seen my films you know what i can do. The biggest thing that holds me back is the fact that i do not own a camera, Carlo Ortu (Director of "Safe Zone"- Cannes Film Festival - http://shootingpeople.org/watch/film.php?film_id=19093) will sell me a camera (and a damn good one) if i can scrape together £1000 or near offer, This is a huge bargain for me and i am so frustrated that i cannot afford even half it.

http://gallagherproductions.webs.com/donations.htm

I am sorry to be asking this but i really have no alternative, as a skint student i can barely afford food week to week, my family is struggling with debt and we could lose the house, if i had any way of paying this myself i would but i cant, i have been unemployed since Woolworths went bankrupt almost 2 years back. since then ive been looking for work almost every week for the past 2 years but theres nothing.

again i apologise for having to ask this, i feel like a bum/whore

I should point out that when i am making enough money to afford it, i will make sure everyone gets their money back, every penny. Thats a promise, and if i lie, may my penis turn into a tennis racket.

Last edited by ChristonaBike on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is that camera..? I wouldn't say it was worth £1000... at most its 720p. It looks like he's offering to sell it you at the price he bought it - rip off.

Have you heard about D-SLR Photography? The 5D Mark II is a digital camera making the rounds lately that shoots full HD, 1080i in 24/25 frames. It costs around £2000, and is used to shoot lots of music videos and second unit on shows like 24. An example:

Here she is:

Click Here to View Full Sized Image

Now obviously I'm listing here something double what you already can't afford, however they've released in the last month or 2 a new version called the 550D. It's essentially the same camera, only scaled now a little in some places, beefed up in others. Still 1080, it even has some features the old 5D doesn't have, like shooting 50 frames for slow motion. She costs around £700, although can be found for cheaper.

I was on the coast of England for a few days last week with the 550, and it was absolutely astounding. I've never shot on anything like it. It was so enjoyable, I've commited myself to saving over the summer and getting one.

The thing I love about it, besides the amazing images, is how light and compact it is. From a practical point of view, you get far less attention from the public who think you're shooting stills, but because its so light, you can shoot handheld and make it look like steadicam.

£600 is much more achieveable than £1000, and the results speak for themselves. If you do a little google work, you'll see these cameras are the new crush of the indie world.

Hope I saved you from getting conned.

EDIT: Just stumbled into this by accident:
Link: (click here)

The cinematography on House is some of the best on Television. Its not suprising to see them using it.

http://vimeo.com/stevenshanahan

Last edited by Steve on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 1080

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hdd-hdv/hdr-fx1

if u dont wanna help thats fine

im not being conned.

also he lowered the price for me to £900 i have raised quite a bit so far, raised enough so far that i now need only £437
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like a dick, I'm trying to help. I looked at some yt footage of the hdr-fx1, and it shoots beautifully. If you want to go for it, it looks like a solid camera.

On the other hand, its also 6 years old, and doesn't have nearly the ammount of attention the 5D is getting. I'm just trying to say you could get a camera that is as good for cheaper, sleeker, brand new and highly acclaimed.

If it was up to me I'd say go for the SLR, but it isn't.

http://vimeo.com/stevenshanahan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im basically sticking with what i know, been my dream to have one of these camera to shoot with for a long time now, the guy is throwing in all the addons including the box required to attach in SLR cables and that,

refurbished these cams are over £2000, new closer to £3500, its all down to personal preference

plus ive heard those other cameras can be kinda bad with sound, which is fine for big shows and music videos where they majority of sound is redubbed later but for me, i have to rely on what i can get on the day
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£387 to go!

(update)

£322 to go!
Waveride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of god, stop sending an update/message on facebook everytime someone makes a donation! I'm happy for you that it's working and your getting the money together but it's very irritating having 3/4 messages in the past day back to back.
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would if u had asked me privately on facebook, the fact that u brought it out of facebook and into the forum publicly im just gonna continue, delete me from ur friends list if u want i dont care, im acting out of desperation here

time is running out and i will do what i have to

nothing personal, i like u, beyondthefilms is one of my most visited sites but if i dont get this camera i will go freakin berserk for letting this opputunity slip past
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will post less tho, now its only the thank yous none of the bumps
Waveride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in my message box so i ALWAYS get a notification or update. I could easily click "hide" if it was posted on your COAB group page. Why don't you do that instead, comes out to the same but at least instead of having to remove you i can just click hide, easier no?
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only sent 3 of those messages, a darn site less than the majority of groups do on a daily basis, and since over the past 2 years ive sent around 4 of those out forgive me for trying to reach out to people in my time of need

i wont be sending those out anymore anyway, just posting in my status

if u prefer i could just temporarily remove u from the group until the fundraiser is over? its not a problem
Waveride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it on the status of your page that way the people who are in the group will know what it's about and for.
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna get chayden to delete this thread, its pointless anyway, u coulda just messaged me dude

i was asking for help and basically just getting yelled at
Waveride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want me to delete my other post because your worried to lose some donations?
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im always worried dude, dont worry, i havent gotten donations through the forum anyway, facebook and youtube has been where they coming from. Ive asked chayden just to delete the thread, no harm no foul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: