Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where's Chayden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't return, eventually this forum will just shut down after he doesn't renew his domain name. Then what? That's gonna suck.

As a contingency, maybe someone should put together another forum? Otherwise the community will just cease to be.

And to what Ace of Knaves said, this ALREADY has impacted submissions. I know at least one fan film has been submitted that still hasn't been approved. It's really crap timing because until now the forums have been near dead and now finally there are several fan films on the way. But they can't be posted on here if Chayden's gone.

I'm worried about Chayden, and concerned for the future of the batman fan film community.
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth_Sylon wrote:
If he doesn't return, eventually this forum will just shut down after he doesn't renew his domain name. Then what? That's gonna suck.

As a contingency, maybe someone should put together another forum? Otherwise the community will just cease to be.

And to what Ace of Knaves said, this ALREADY has impacted submissions. I know at least one fan film has been submitted that still hasn't been approved. It's really crap timing because until now the forums have been near dead and now finally there are several fan films on the way. But they can't be posted on here if Chayden's gone.

I'm worried about Chayden, and concerned for the future of the batman fan film community.

well said sir. i agree
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://batmanfanfilms.proboards.com/

just incase
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can tell you my opinion of why he left and when.

X-Men Origins Wolverine leaked unfinished dvd rip.

Of all the times he told us not to talk about illegal activity. I think that thread is wat made him leave. And i don't blame him. I warned people at the time that thread was a bad idea. And knowing Chayden he probably found it to be a huge disrespect.
aTwenty7thLetter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ran a couple of sites didn't he? Does anyone know what the others were and if they're still active?

BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE

www.27thLetterProductions.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Gallagher. I checked out your new back up forum, but it wouldn't let me post. You oughta make a sticky for new film submissions. Hell, it may take a while but we could even put the web addresses for all current films and leave them in one stickied, locked post. That way we still have the archive. And on the "new films" thread, we could make it strickly films, and no reviews, that way it stays organized. People can make their own threads if they want to hear feedback.

This would all just be fall back of course.

Also, I think its safe to say something didn't happen to him. Because God forbid, he was in an accident or something, why would his user name be changed from Chayden to Admin? I think he probably left for Gallaghers reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW when I brought up the idea for a contingency forum, I didn't think one would be up so quickly lol. If I knew what I were doing I'd open a site myself for everyone, similar to bff. Not just the forums but the film section, scripts etc...

I don't know what was going on on that thread. I don't see why he would have had a problem with us discussing news, unless people were actually talking about having downloaded the movie?

Scott Hamilton wrote:
Also, I think its safe to say something didn't happen to him. Because God forbid, he was in an accident or something, why would his user name be changed from Chayden to Admin? I think he probably left for Gallaghers reason.

Yeah I was discussing this with Mark Brown the other night and we agreed he's probably okay, otherwise his name wouldn't have been changed. Still I hope he's okay.

In the unlikely event that Chayden's still reading bff posts....

We hope you're okay, and we hope you return to the site Chayden. Losing BFF would be sad. I've made good friends on this site and have a lot of memories in this community
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Hamilton wrote:
Agreed Gallagher. I checked out your new back up forum, but it wouldn't let me post.

It's not showing you as a registered member. It's just me and Gallagher. Did you check your mail for confirmation?
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aTwenty7thLetter wrote:
He ran a couple of sites didn't he? Does anyone know what the others were and if they're still active?

If anyone does know what these other sites are, one of us could register to said sites, and inquire as to whether Chayden will be returning.
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he truly intended to stay gone it would have been nice for him to at least do SOMETHING to hand over leadership.

As is, this is a self governed forum....until, as others have mentioned, the web hosting expires.

AKA: Desmoduse [on BOTB]
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly it would have been preferred that he notified us beforehand of his intended departure, and possibly pass on ownership of the site to another
aTwenty7thLetter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bookmarked the other board in case this site disappears one day. I'm with Sylon, though... I think if Chayden had offered the chance to hand control of the site over to someone else there would have been several volunteers. Myself included.

I miss him though. He was a ridiculously sharp fellow.

BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE

www.27thLetterProductions.com
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other board is an emergency backup.

If Darth Sylon wants to set up a new site for us i will happily close my board or jsut leave it there doing nothing. Its free anyway.
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallagher@

I would love to open my own site but I don't know the first thing about running it, or code or web design. I wouldn't want it to be some cheap crap deal. I would want it modeled after BFF, but maybe streamlined a bit. True this site has a basic setup and wouldn't be too hard to make something like it but I wouldn't know where to begin. I'd like to look into it though

In the meantime, everyone on BFF sign up for the free boards that Gallagher opened because BFF could shut down any day. Tell any other bff members you are friends with to join as well.

Either way, that new board is temporary. If Chayden returns it'll be shut down. However if BFF does shut down we'll have to look into making a new site, in which case the temporary boards will still shut down.
Darth_Sylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. I typed in DCfanfilms.com and I was redirected to BFF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: