Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
History of the Batman Fan Films Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar33

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: History of the Batman Fan Films Forum Reply with quote

I was watching playoff basketball the other day (LETS GO HEAT!!) and during a commercial I was on my phone's internet browser and found myself checking BFF.
I saw something here that really startled me. I joined in april of 2006. I have been following since at least summer 2005. That means I have been apart of this site for 3/4 years. Thats my entire high school career.
Then I REALLY started to remember some things. Like the type of posts I would make at first. Some certain things that we discussed and the arguments/friendships I made over here. I sound like a broken record. But wow I went searching from some of my old posts and wow. I really grew up alot haha.

I think some of you long timers should do the same, if anything just for a good laugh. My favorite moment?

Click Here to View Full Sized Image

ROFL. Maybe it's just funny to me but for some reason I thought sinister knight productions sounded cool and I had no script yet and I was hyping up "Dark Knight Enraged" (I was 14 guys give me a break) to no extent. I think at one point there was a shirtless pic of me online (god I was a tool). I would post numerous threads on the same subject. Just some really stupid things. Get into fights because I thought he was acting like a know it all...I didn't realize or even think it through that it was HIS website lmao.

Apparently I made a post about poland spring water hahaha I posted a girl problem on here also. I also used to ask everyone to do everything for me like make posters, animations, EVERYTHING. I was reading over them and I sounded like a nagging middle aged house wife. hahha

Which brings me to the main point. This site has been through alot. How far have some of you guys come since you first joined? I personally have matured into a completely different person I feel since I first joined.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jixu2turivo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I started lurking around 2005 as well, as that, I believe, is when I finished my first fan film. And now I've hardly finished a thing since, lol. But in all seriousness this community has had a considerable impact on my finding out how passionate I am about film, whether it's watching or creating.

More than anything else the biggest impact on me has been the relationships I built with other members, and some non-members, on the chat room. I think that's really what kept me interested was having the opportunity to talk with other fans & fan-filmmakers about current and potential projects. The support generated from there really helped me push forward with one of my slightly more ambitious projects and I just found it the best way to connect with other fans - the only downside being that it rarely has many users but it still serves it's purpose.

I definitely made my share of unnecessary comments and whether I've grown much since joining is certainly up for debate :p, but it's been a nice place to share my enthusiasm for upcoming project and completed projects that I enjoyed a lot and/or wanted to support.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memories... i cant rly remember allot.
titan101

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i've been here for a long while myself. too bad i don't come here too often. Sad i'll probably start though.
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I joined BFF back in late 2003 when I started to some research about fan films, a kid from Canada suggested me to join this site and check things out, and here was where I started posting about A Joker's Card and made friends, like Judge Rico and a few others. He was the first om this site who saw the rough cut of the short film and called it Campy lol (still remember that). Since then I lurked more, still trying to think of a way to do a short about Beast Boy...

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Lizard King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here for a while too... I can barely even read my first few posts on this board without cringing slightly. Guess it shows how I've matured. I'm still the Batman-obsessed nutjob though, haha...
Omar33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lizard King wrote:
I've been here for a while too... I can barely even read my first few posts on this board without cringing slightly. Guess it shows how I've matured. I'm still the Batman-obsessed nutjob though, haha...

I do more than cringe when I look back at my older posts...they are just...
wow. lol I apologize anyones intelligence I have offended or IQ that I might have lowered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh dude i feel like i have come along way since i started here too. Now i just say stupid things out of poop
ClowsTHEGAME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I first joined. Ugh. How appropriate that this is my 800th post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jedi-smith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you made a thread like this.

I joined in 2005 I think and I was such a little f**ker, on my first day I started fights, called people w*nkers and generally disrespected everyone.

I couldn't take critisism in any form and was ignorant towards every single person.

I was constantly hyping up films and web-series' that I knew I would never make and I would never stick to one thread. Many people got angry with me because of that.

Although i've been on this forum for about 4 years, i've only ever made 1 "film", and that wasn't even a Batman film lol. But after being away from this forum for long periods of time, it's allowed me to mature, instead of being this twelve year old little pr*ck, I'm now a 16 year old pr*ck. I do still write screenplays and mess around with old footage, but I'm now really into music and hope I can incorporate my own music into my own or others films.

Also being on this forum really got me into Batman, I mean i've always been a fan but I don't think the Burton films would have meant so much to me if I didn't join this forum. Everyone is so passionate on here and it's really refreshing. But i'm rambling now so I'll come to a close.

Long live BFF ! lol
mdifilm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdifilm wrote:
[I joined BFF back in late 2003 when I started to some research about fan films, a kid from Canada suggested me to join this site and check things out, and here was where I started posting about A Joker's Card and made friends, like Judge Rico and a few others. He was the first om this site who saw the rough cut of the short film and called it Campy lol (still remember that). Since then I lurked more, still trying to think of a way to do a short about Beast Boy...

Although my user profile said joined July 1 2004, actually, before that BFF existed and it went through a major crash I think that we were asked to rejoined and sign up again, which is why it said July 1 2004...

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WillStudios999

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even get me started on how I used to react or respond to certain comments or criticisms, haha. I always cringe at my past responses from my older posts regarding my film work or opinions. We have all come a LONG way since we first joined, film and behavior wise. It's sort of funny if you think about it, then it's also pretty neat to see how far we've all come and changed. It's also hard to believe you were that much of an immature jackass back then. XD I know I was in some sense or way.
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow yeah. How far we've come haha. I've seen many people grow up through my time on this site and have made some great friends on this forum. Although a don't post as much as I once did, I still check in all the time. So many hyped projects that never went anywhere past the planning stages. I got the farthest with BBCR and I wish I could have pushed through the hardships. Maybe someday I'll pick it up again.
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Well my friends, it's been awhile to say the least. I'm surprised to see that I still fall among the top ten posters here. Haha.

I pop in from time to time but havent posted in forever. This place sure has changed. I remember when Bobman's post count seemed impossible for anyone to reach. (Although I WAS excited to see that he's still leading.)

My first project here was Batman: Molding Fear. Wow....wow.......I still have the script (which was never finished) and wow....just wow. Looking back, though, this site had a huge effect on my life. I may still have never made a Batman fanfilm (still hope to someday-when I'm ready) but my interest in film stemmed directly from this site. I wouldnt be making videos now if it wasnt for this forum. I learned a lot here and I cant believe how naive I was at the beginning and how easy I thought filmmaking would be. Haha....wow.

Posting this has made me consider a return here but everything seems so different. Although it does appear that the pointless professionalism war has subsided with the departure of Chris. That dumb arguement was the main reason I never returned and posted as I lurked.

One final item: a question. What the heck happened to Chayden? It looks like all of his posts are gone and threads that were started by him now say Admin. What happened? I'm VERY curious. Thanks guys!

-Nathan

AKA: Desmoduse [on BOTB]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Omar33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BATMAN FAN FILMS HAS HAD A CORPORATE TAKE OVER!!!! F U 'THE MAN!!! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING SACRED TO US!!!! CHAYDEN!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: