Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BAtman TDK! -Spoilers-
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: BAtman TDK! -Spoilers- Reply with quote

OMFG Amazing film

i got to my theater at 6pm was 1st in line with 600 people behind me at midnight. they let us in 25 at a time but there 3 girls ran in through another door and were so f'n dumb i wanted to kill em...

the Movie f'n owned...

now the real question.. 2 face is dead? WTF! who can they use in #3? not Joker.. dont Recast please.
ClowsTHEGAME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the best comic book adaptation in history, and I never thought that a film would outdo the original Superman in that regard.

But beyond that, this was an excellent film in size and scope, and felt extraordinarily real. I have a new favorite movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JLA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isawthemovie at midnight and I thought it was the best. Ithinkthis is the best Batman movie ever made and I do hope that the next one is as good. I loved ever minute of this movie the story, the acting, the action, the suspens everything. And just like what Clow said this is also my new favorite movie. And I'm definitely going to see this again.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

though the ending was dumb. about it...
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved every second of this movie. It was a batman fanatics pure dream, i thought the ending was a perfect fit for batman, it left him on such a high note. And heath Ledger, WOW! that was a truly amazing performance, his joker was just amazing. All through the movie he made me laugh and sometimes even disturbed me, It really sucks that he wont be in the next movie, he totaly out did good ol jack by a longshot. Some of my favorite scenes where:

Spoilers ahead!

When he says "how about a magic trick? im gonna make this pencil dissapear!" and he smashes the goons head on it and says "see its gone!" i nearly died laughing... Also when he dressed up as a nurse and sits by harvy and looks at him and said "Hi!" i also cracked up when he was messing with the detonator to blow up the hospital, just classic joker, they should never try to do joker again! no ones ever gonna top ledger!

But the question for the sequel is, is harvey dead??? how can he be in the sequal the way it ended?
SaveTheempireProductions

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow guys....this is the definitive Batman movie....

I loved just about every aspect of this movie. It completely blew me away. I watched it at an IMax......amazing.

Heath was of course brilliant. The little mannerisms and just his overall attitude were perfect for the character. Aaron Eckhart did a phenomenal job as well, but he's overshadowed by Heath. I think if Joker wasn't in the movie we would be talking about Harvey Dent/Two-Face a lot more.

Bale does a great job as well, but that was expected. Oldman hada lot more to do in this movie and he did really great...i love him as Gordon. Perfect. Maggie actually made me care about Rachel Dawes....great improvement over Holmes.

The movies this film reminded me of the most were Heat (which Nolan said heavily influenced this film) and The Departed. It's not so much a comic book movie as it is a crime drama.

Direction was excellent, the script was really well thought out, and the cinematography was amazing.

My only problems were some of the editing descisions, like (SPOILERS) not showing Racheal or Harvey get captured, just a phone call telling us they were caught, and not showing what Joker did at the party after Batman dove out to save Rachel....and the ending felt like there was more too it, but it had to be edited down. And is Two-Face still alive? I think they just told everyone that Harvey Dent was dead (which he is) and then shipped Two-Face to Arkham secretly...might just be the fanboy in me talking.

Overall i loved this movie.......man I have no idea what they're gonna do for a third one
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say 2 face and Harvey are dead.. i want Bane in #3
MarkOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This was an excellent film. It was two and half hours long, but it was a good two and a half hours. I didn't feel there was any lag time that sometimes happens when films have that limit.

Bale was great in this one. He definitely had a lot more to do this time around. We finally got to see Batman as the detective, which I don't think ever put on film which was great to see.

Heath... my goodness what can I say about the man? He without a doubt nailed the Joker down cold. Nailed it. Every scene he was in was pure perfection. The accent, the mannerisms, the looks were excellent in every way.
My highlights with him (SPOILERS)
-- His first meeting with the mob bosses especially his "magic trick" with the pencil Wink
-- the confrontation with Batman in the interrogation room, which captured the best one on one duel between these two (although all of their clashes were great)
--the scene in the hospital with Harvey (the way he said "hi" to him was priceless)
--the scene as he was leaving the hospital (again the whole setup to that and what followed, was priceless)

Aaron Eckhart impressed me as well, showing the extreme good side as Harvey and the bad as Two Face. The limits and the range he did with both was very well done. He held his own quite well. I agree with STE, if the Joker didn't have the spotlight, he would've been a worthy villian if this was about Two Face.

All of the main characters in the film had more to do compared to the first one and did a great job with that. Oldham was great as Gordon. It was good to see him with his family this time around and showing the depth and intergrity he had in how he became the Commisioner and Batman's closest confident. Maggie was a great improvement over Katie as Rachel. I thought her character was the weak link in Begins, but she more than made up for it here. Even Alfred and Lucious did great work in the scenes they were in.

I agree the ending seemed a bit off, but looking at it as a whole, I liked it It showed that Batman was not going to let the Joker win, even knowing what he had done to Harvey. Even if it meant taking the fall for Two Face's actions. And Gordon's line at the end as Batman sped off in his Batpod (LOVED that too, by the way) made it all seemed to fit.

This to me was a comic book movie that didn't feel like a comic book movie. TDK was more realistic to me than even Batman Begins did, and I agree it was more of a crime epic than a comic book tale. The action, the direction, the big moments, all of it was perfect in every possible way.

I don't know what or how Nolan can do to top this, but after seeing this, I have no doubt that he will.

BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!!!

PERIOD!!!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE... MARK ONE
MARKONE FILMS: NOW ONLINE!!
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u guys are being a little harsh on Two Face... he was awesome.. if he was sole Villain in a 2hr movie i think he could of done it. you are all just spoiled by jokers amazing on screen performance.
SaveTheempireProductions

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not being harsh on two face, what i mean was if joker wasn't in it or if heath didnt do such an outstanding job, then everyone would be talking about Eckhart and not Ledger....he was amazing as Harvey/Two Face
MarkOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not being harsh about Two Face either. He did an amazing job and was a worthy villian in his own right. If you read my review I even said as much.

Plus, I think he was a dead on real life version of what Two Face looked like in the animated series, which was very impressive.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE... MARK ONE
MARKONE FILMS: NOW ONLINE!!
Omar33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they should never try to do joker again! no ones ever gonna top ledger!

God I hate that.

1. Heath Ledger is not bigger than The Joker.
2. People were saying the same thing in '89 about Jack. (I dont care if you guys are gonna say "NO NO I ALWAYS THOUGHT SOMEONE COULD DO BETTER!!" ...face it..before Nolan, no one could touch Burton's Batman 1989)
3. Heath Ledger did give an amazing performance, definitely Oscar worthy in my opinion. Heath Ledger was also an incredible actor...BUT BY NO MEANS!!!! was he the best actor out there. There are plenty of actors who can put a very interesting spin on The Joker in future films.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ClowsTHEGAME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a valid desire. Yes, there may be future interpretations of the character that are interesting. But will they ever get it quite as right as Heath did? Probably not.

It's a Christopher Reeve situation. I don't think anyone will ever get Superman quite as right as Reeve did. And now, I seriously doubt that anyone will get the Joker quite as right as Heath Ledger did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant really say the same about Christopher Reeve... brandon routh acted just like him it was uncanny!
AL-AX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys want a perfect impression of Heath or a new interperatation if they did recast?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: