Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Batman: Gotham Knight" Review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of the film?
Great!
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Good
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Ok.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Bad
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
KILL ME!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

BatBoy13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Review Reply with quote

WARNING! I MAY GIVE SPOLIERS IN THIS REVIEW!!!

I've bought the two-disc copy of the film "Batman: Gotham Knight", I'm not a huge fan of anime, but if it says 'Batman' on it and fills in the gaps of 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight'...I'LL BUY IT. Just to keep me on track of the following film coming in a few days.

Note: Joker and Harvey Dent are NOT in this film at all! No one never heard of the Joker yet and still on the rise of terror, and Dent is still running for DA during at the Virals.

And the drawings of the people and Batman look differant because of each segment has a point of view of other people see Batman and its own writing and artistic style with others directed, and produced by people of anime fame. But they (WB) keep the stories in each order and the voice actors do the same voices of there character with Kevin Conroy returning for the voice of Batman/Bruce Wayne.

The story number one, is 'How I Got A Story For You' written by Josh Olson (The writer of the screenplay 'A History of Violence'). The story based off an old Batman comic and the episode 'Legend of the Dark Knight'.

Point of view: Kids

The story starts of with these four teenage skateboarders (I know), are telling stories of what they seen the Batman looks like and him (Batman) chasing down the same 'high tech' thug in each of the stories. The first three teens were telling a story of Batman being a living shadow, a flying bat (Like Man-Bat) and a robot (Like 'Iron-Man'). In the end the final teenager sees Batman and the 'high-tech' thug breaking in and fighting in the place where the teenagers are skating at. That boy only sees him because the place was gases with smoke and the others kids ran away. The boy finds Batman as just a man in a Bat costume. Then the children comes back and the boy tells them what he saw.

I'm shocked that no one never said that the final Batman looked liked the one from the TAS. This is not really part of the rest of the storyline, just skip this part and get to the next story.

Rating: 3/5

The story number two, is called 'Crossfire' written by Greg Rucka.

Point of view: Police

The story is about a detective Crispus Allen, does not trust Batman and his partner Anna Ramirez, who trust Batman as a hero. Both gets order by Lt. Gorden to drop off a computer bomber to Arkham (Which is now a closed island after 'Begins') then they drop the man off, they take a wrong turn for the worst, they are stuck in a middle of a gang meeting gone bad with Sal Maroni (Who has now a beard) and "The Russian." Ends with Batman coming at the last minute and saving them both and stopping the gangs, detective Allen discovers Batman as a hero after that moment.

This story seem to have not much of a plot but if you love action and twisted editing, you can see this one.

Rating: 3/5

The story number three, is called 'Field Test' written by Jordan Goldberg.

Point of view: The Gangs of Sal Maroni and The Russian

The story starts off with Bruce Wayne visting Lucius Fox, that Fox created a new piece of technology for his developing high-tech arsenal: an electromagnetic shield generator which can deflect gunfire. Batman trys it out on Maroni and The Russian on some large boats, until deflected shot hits off of Batman and injures one of the henchman. Then Bruce brings the new technology back to Fox, that technology will put others in danger and not him self, he vows to put his own life on the line for justice, and no one else's.

The story is really great, thinking that of what Batman causes on others of his actions.

Rating: 5/5

The story number four is called 'In Darkness Dwells' written by David Goyer (The writter for 'Batman Begins', The 'Blade' films and 'The Dark Knight').

Point of view: Scarecrow and his gang

The story is about Batman in talks with Jim Gordon of attacks caused by a reptilian creature (Killer Croc). Batman goes down inside of the sewers, then finds Croc and bitten by him. Killer Croc has Scarecrow's fear toxin inside of his bloodstream and gave it to Batman. Then after Batman defeats Croc, finds Scarecrow (Dressed like in the comics, not in 'Begins'.) with a larger group of his people trying to kill a man that is helping the homeless. Then Batman stops Scarecrow from killing/saving the man and floods Scarecrow's chamber and escapes with a hostage. Then Gordon and the police gets the hostage out of there, Jim discovers that Batman is bleeding and trys to help him, but Batman said "Maybe next time" and flys off.

This is the best of all of the stories, who still kept it in the 'Begins' world. Don't miss this story alone, I wish this was a little longer.

The story number five, is called 'Working Through Pain' written by Brian Azzarello.

Point of view: Bruce Wayne

Starts from we left off in 'In Darkness Dwells', Batman returns back into the sewers, until he is shot by a man who had the Scarecrow's fear toxin in him and sees Batman as a dark shaped cloud with red eyes and bats flying out of him. Then moments later, Bruce then he training under a mysterious Indian woman named Cassandra, to whom he had turned to find a way to deal with his pain. He was told that there is a spiritual method to dealing with pain, as there is no way to entirely overcome it. Then he starts a fight with a small crowd, Cassandra want Bruce to leave because of that, then back to Batman in the sewers calling Alfred to pick him up. Then he finds trash, inside of them as...guns...tons of them. Then Alfred finds Batman and tells him to grab his hand to get him out of there. Then in the moment, Batman looks up at Alfred while holding on a hands full of guns and say he can't.

This story is a touching one with an moment and learning on his traning with his own pain. But during the fight, Bruce seem too super-human with getting hit with a wooden stick and dosen't feels it really.

Rating: 4/5

The sixth and final story is called 'Deadshot' written by Alan Burnett.

Point of view: Deadshot

The story starts of with Alfred place a bag full of guns (From 'Working Through Pain') and Bruce trys to understand the feel of the guns and the people who use them. Then later on, an assassin named Deadshot, who shoots well and never miss a shot, is hired to assassinate James Gordon, as Deadshot trys to shoot him off a train. But Deadshot failed as in Batman blocks his shot, then the train were they are on led underground were they fight. Batman defeats Deadshot, then back in Wayne Manor, Bruce realizes that there are some criminals he may never understand, and whose lines he would never cross. Then Bruce spots the Bat-signal, he ready to fight crime once more.

This is really a not bad of a story, really great action and fights. Deadshot in this story seem really better, then in the comics and acts like Tony Stark a bit.

This movie seem okay. You got to go to the DVD commentary to understand this. You can maybe rent it if, but you are a fan, looking for something new to watch or see this film before you take off to see 'The Dark Knight' at a midnight showing or soon as you seen the film, you can maybe buy this. You shound buy the two-disc, just to get something out of it.

'Batman: Gotham Knight' Rating: 4/5

~BatBoy13

Last edited by BatBoy13 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
PlusOneProductions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of your review... The creators however advertized this thing as a bridge between Begins and the Dark Knight and it doesn't accomplish that goal. Its a nice little compilations of some decent batman stories, however it is reminiscent of an issue of Batman Black & White if anyone recalls those... I was throughly dissappointed in this film...

2.75/5
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ClowsTHEGAME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it.

4.5/5
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8/10 4 me
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imaginative and heavily laden with some great metaphorical storytelling.

9/10
PlusOneProductions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was just expecting another Animatrix... huh..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it did do the job and bridged the gap well. It shows how his first year as batman progressed and what he has become.
Hunbat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it.

In darkness dwells get's my recommendation, because of the style was the most begins-like and the music was simply awesome.

Overall, with the extras and the commentary, it's a great package, well worth it for any anime or Batman fan, and it might hold something for the casual viewers as well.

9/10

Cool game if you have some free time:
http://world2.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=31080395

"It's a robot. Some kind of super-advanced robot...It's probably Japanese."
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlusOneProductions wrote:
I guess I was just expecting another Animatrix... huh..
Well, on the DVD commentary, they are saying it's like an other idea from Animatrix.
HunBat wrote:
In darkness dwells get's my recommendation, because of the style was the most begins-like and the music was simply awesome.

'In Darkness Dwells' is the best short film in 'Gotham Knight' of them all. It's is a great dead-point on shot of 'Begins' and between 'TDK', I wish it was more longer.
\CloWn PrInCe/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think crossfire and deadshot were probably the best ones imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GiZ29l8WA
AndMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked them all really. The first was ok. But that was the only one I thought needed some work.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndMan wrote:
I liked them all really. The first was ok. But that was the only one I thought needed some work.

same here
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually loved the first one! I think Crossfire was my favorite overall, but I loved how the first one conveyed the impressions that Batman's appearance made on those who have seen him (or thought they'd seen him).
AndMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dash Madden wrote:
I actually loved the first one! I think Crossfire was my favorite overall, but I loved how the first one conveyed the impressions that Batman's appearance made on those who have seen him (or thought they'd seen him).

Yeah I liked it too. it wasn't bad it just seemed a tad bit familiar I knew pretty much how it was going to end. I just think it could have been a bit better that's all.
Tlandry23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8/10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: