Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This isnt funny
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: This isnt funny Reply with quote

firstly hey everyone, havnt checked the site for two weeks as i've been working in a play.
i'm pleasentlt surprised by all the content on this site, currently downloading it all.
however i read one review and i believe it to be totally un nessiary and offences. the review is here [if you call it a review]

Link: (click here)

can something be done about this? what do you guys think?

-Jay
Guan Ry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I'm going to say, I reviewed this movie, and overall, I was non-plused by what I saw. Granted, it was just a kid making it and I apologized profusely throughout but I mean c'mon. It's not a good film and it's gonna get bashed. It's currently getting a lot of fives. Fine, but I personally don't see "Just Dreams" as a five. As far as the review you're posting about, Jay, yeah, somebody took waaaaay too much time out of their schedule to write the review.

But like I said on my review of "Just Dreams", it's the new Batman: Vengence. That trailer is BY FAR the most unforgivingly bashed piece of work on this site. Point I'm trying to make is...well...if you don't put together something of quality....it's gonna get picked apart in one way or the other. One degree or another.

It's one thing if we want to be nice but you know what? If we don't be honest...how is anyone gonna improve on these boards. Do we have to give out 4s and 5s everytime so we don't hurt feelings? If we do then I'll stop hanging around as often as I do.

What I will agree with you on, Jay, is there is no need to be mean to get your point across. If you give any, check that ANY, grade of a review you should state why. Again, I repeat, ANY grade. If it's only a 3, explain what it needed to be a 4. If it's a 3, explain why it didn't get a 2. Some have said this before but a review that says "This sux" is just as useless as a review that says "This is awesome".

Click Here to View Full Sized Image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

i just watched Dreams and Vengance and WTF?

Altho the Openion in the Review made me fall out of my sead and wake the house up at 4:40AM i am shocked at it..

ok so i watched it and i am so confused! I might take alot of blows to the head with trashcans nd but i still dont get that film, altho a good atemps, WTF? Dialogue? Effects? ANYTHING?

i didnt see much of, the story to me was some kid likes comics and has no shirt while someone pushes him up and down. I would be NIcer but we cant all be nice like my budy Guan Ry said, if we dont all speak up its usles to make films, yes i grade hard but its also how i want mine to be grated, hell if u cant make Effects good make the story good but this film lacked it ll, and i saw Vengance after! WTF? i think i died and went to hell to have Hitler show me that for eternity i would rather have my eyes eaten by crows
jay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree about the film and i agree with critisms,people shouldnt lie to be kind.

but the 'review' completely out of line.

it was racist and evil, bareing in mind how old this guy must be and then being a abused by a total spoon.

Its not the Batman Way.

-Jay
Guan Ry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for sleep...

I'm glad you see some of my points, Jay.

Racist maybe, evil...eh...I'd say he's still in the "Not nice" category.

Me up at this hour and having been here awhile shows that I have nothing better to do on the eve of my day off. lol But what can I say? I love it here Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that it was taken down Because the review that comes up isnt that bad.....not extensive but not bad.

AKA: Desmoduse [on BOTB]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait.....i went one comment over and i see what you mean. Thats probably the worst review i have ever read on this site. Some people should just learn to shut up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Critic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, all. It's your old friend The Critic here. Now, I'm not a doctor mind you but I believe the diagnosis is clear. jay, I'm afraid you have sense of humor cancer. I believe its...terminal.

Seriously though. I try to bring a little witty repartee to an otherwise forgettable film(I'm being too kind there, I mean HOME VIDEO). You should thank me, the only entertaining thing that came from that entry was my and a few other people's reviews.

All feigned humility aside, this vid should never have been posted in the first place. It and others like it on this side illustrate a point I'd like to make on Internet usage and society. I see that a little kid was involved in making this vid and I'm sure thats where most of you malice toward the review is coming from. However, this kid's parents(big brother or whoever that was in the vid with him) should never have allowed him access to a digital camera in the first place, to say nothing of the Internet. SEVEN YEAR OLDS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO GO ON THE INTERNET PERIOD. If this had been just a harmless vid made for fun that didn't leave the confines of their house, I would have no problem with it. I'd be lying if I said I never did any stupid stuff as a kid myself. When this kid and who ever was enabling him put it on the Internet, however, he gave up the right to be considered a juvenile and can now be tryed as an adult. If he wants to play with adult toys and technology, then that's how I'll treat him.
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it wrong to show people your attempts at filmmaking so that you can learn from them? He may be only 7, but filmmaking is something you can start learning anytime you want to if you just try.
The Critic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on now. Well, by that logic maybe we should start training lawyers at ten, senators by eight, architects by six, and soldiers by three. It's just not realistic to think like that. He's a little kid and knows NOTHING of life or what he wants to do with it. This is not an effort in practical filmmaking, its a kid playing with a camera and the entire population of the world that the Internet reaches should not be subjected to it.

As I said, if he wants to goof around at home fine, but the Net should never have gotten involved. This is why there is no respect or credability to anthing on the Internet! It's just far too simple for any fool to put whatever he wants for the whole human race to see. If he wants to be a filmmaker someday, fine. Let him go to school and work hard to become so and if he does something well enough to be picked up and put on screen, then he has earned it.

But then again, why should anyone work hard at anything? I mean you can always just put some crap up on the Net and it will get more circulation than any feature film could...
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean expect him to be a professional at 12. I just mean there's nothing wrong with learning as you go, no matter what age you are.
The Critic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither did I. Oh, he's free to try to learn whatever he wants, BUT IN PRIVATE! My point is that you should have to earn the right to get your films released to the masses. Unfortunately, with the advent of the modern Internet nobody needs any right to release anything to anybody.
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had kept it to himself no one would have been able to give him hints and suggestions for what he can do next time around. Thats what the reviews section of this site is for, not a place to post malicious attacks that have no benefit to the creator.

Last edited by TheDarkKnightSN on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guan Ry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how about that?

A reviewer that became a member. Welcome to the boards, The Critic. Gotta give you credit. There other reviewers who would bash films but not post on the boards and they never joined the boards to my knowledge. Here is a reviewer getting his @$$ blasted for blasted filmmaker's @$$e$ and he comes right into the thick of it.

Above, The Critic sort of gets at what I'm getting at. When people put stuff on the net, there's a chance for reviews to get negative. I understand where DarthKnight is coming from in that a review should help a filmmaker, but man, when you put your product out there, it better be ready. Cuz once it's out there, the judgements come and you can't take back what you started. Someone's gonna remember it.

Now onto the filmmaker, LEAG, I hope he does come onto these boards to discuss exactly what it was he was trying to accomplish with this film. If/when he does, I'll be there to inform him how to improve. Yeah, I didn't think of it while I watched because to me, this one felt more like a trailer, but this does look more like a home movie like Batman: Joker Returns did.

The Critic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To DarkKnightSN, your inadvertently hitting on a main point I was trying to make. That's just the problem, these are just kids! They haven't developed the reasoning skills or maturity of thought yet to grasp any real critique of their work(using the work VERY loosely). Whether I gave a it a bad review or helpful, constructive one, it would not have mattered. They don't have the skills to process either intellegently. My review wasn't even really for them in the first place now that I think about it, it was just to bring some levity to the situation for those perusing the site and to try and discourage this kind of frivolous vid getting posted.

When these kids are old enough to truly consider the consequences of their actions and are able to comprehend any meaningful review of their work, then perhaps it may be time for them to post a serious effort on the website. However, that still doesn't mean that they will be coddled either. If it's good, I have no problem congratulating them. If it's not, they will still have to face up to hard reality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: