Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Motion to have bad remarks removed...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should immature reviews me removed?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Motion to have bad remarks removed... Reply with quote

I have been an advicate for bad movie reviews for a while. Now I have something that may help.

In the "United 93" thread. I pointed something out to a certain member of our board. It was this, that when something was said about him, the message is removed, but he won't do the same for a film. When contacted about bad reviews, he said something like this, "I don't want to take someone's opinion away from them". Not word for word, but close. When I made a remark about his comment on the "United 93" thread, he erased it. I call to have bad reviews removed as well.

I am not saying if you don't like a movie then don't say anything, but elaborate your reasons for not liking the film. Don't give an immature excuse, but tell them where they could have improved.

If you agree that any type of remarks that don't help the filmmaker should be removed.

Besure to vote.
Bobman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childish, stupid remarks SHOULD be banned from reviews if they don't go beyond the limits of "THAT WAS CRAP!!!!" or "STOP MAKING MOVIES AND DIE!!!!", but it's an argument that you can't win. You know what will happen if start censoring user reviews? Someone will get pissed off at him, go on a whole First Amendment rant, find a lawyer, track down him to where he lives, and slap him with a lawsuit that will destroy him and BFF.com. Now, what he CAN do is decide if whether or not the reviews' RATINGS mean anything. Suppose a fanfilms is getting some good reviews and is a rough 4 out of 5. Suddenly, some 12 year-old comes along with a 1 review that says nothing but "MAN, THAT SUCKED!!! I WANT MY 6 MINUTES BACK!!!!" He can post the review so everyone can have the satisfaction of voicing their opinion, but he doesn't HAVE to include the 1 rating, therefore completely voiding the validity of the review that would bring the otherwise good fanfilm down to a 2. See what I mean?

But then if the bad review actually went on to say WHY the reviewer thought the movie sucked and what might have made it better, THEN the low rating could be included. Rolling Eyes
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobman wrote:
You know what will happen if he starts censoring user reviews? Someone will get pissed off at him, go on a whole First Amendment rant, find a lawyer, track down him to where he lives, and slap him with a lawsuit that will destroy him and BFF.com.

Then you know what...I will go find a lawyer because he deleted my message that I left on the thread and that is a violation of my 1st amendment rights.

(Please read Bobman's message before you yell at me for wanting to get a lawyer.)

Last edited by tmbrtn on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
WillStudios999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I know I may just be a kid, but this is my opinion. I agree with you tmbrn, that what he did was a little immature. Deleting your post? Why? You were just explaining your opinion on the film and what not. Before it was deleted, I read it, and I found no offensive things.

But I do think that going to find you a lawyer to violate him is a little too much. But if you're going to do it, be my guest I guess. But I do think that what he did was a bit immature, and also a little strange and weird...

And for reviews, I think that if they don't like the film, and they give it a one and it gives details on WHY it was bad, I think thats an explaining-ful, Rolling Eyes , review. And I do think that they should offensive reviews that are hateful and no meaning what so ever.

-William Phelps-

Last edited by WillStudios999 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, your lawyer can't do anything about it, a forum is own by someone, in this case, Batmanfanfilms.com, if the moderator/owner deletes your post, it is all fine, because it is HIS forum, he can do whatever he want, You can post, as it's your freedom of speech, and it's up to him if he wants to delete or not. Ultimately, if he decided to delete your post, you can't sue him for it. It's his forum.

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the two of you would go back and read what Bobman wrote you would see that if he were to censor what people wrote, then they would go and find lawyers. So I was being a smart ass and saying that I was going to do that. Just to prove a point. I have no intention of getting a lawyer it was mearly a argument with Bobman.

Read before you assume
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobman wrote:
You know what will happen if he starts censoring user reviews? Someone will get pissed off at him, go on a whole First Amendment rant, find a lawyer, track down him to where he lives, and slap him with a lawsuit that will destroy him and BFF.com.

Read this before you assume.
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I mention you?

but since you assume I did, then I guessed you didn't read your own post carefully either.

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? You did mention me.

"actually your lawyer."

Since I was the only one who mentioned getting a lawyer, you must have been talking about me.
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then that should be done. You have to be a registered user to talk to other members, but you don't have to be registered to review a film. That doesn't make sense. I think if everyone was to be registered ahead of time and then their name would be present on a review that would eliminate a big majority of the useless reviews. We would then be able to move forward and not be stuck in this rut we are in.
Bobman

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, it seems that some people in here are taking my comment in here about suing other people a little too literally..... Embarassed

I don't know what happened between tmbrtn and this deleted message thingy, but all we can do is just accept that bad reviews (be they in praise of the film in question or in utter loathing of it) are going to happen, and there's nothing that can be done about them. Just try to shrug it off, if you can.

(Actually, part of my proposal for the lawsuit bit was just to poke fun at those who DO write such poorly thought-out reviews. They always just struck me as the kind of people who WOULD sue you if you liked something that they hated... Laughing )
WillStudios999

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I came here to aplogize for my post on here and there. I shouldn't have stepped in. Sorry guyz!
Darkwing

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, throwing in a personal opinion here.
I've read countless reviews. And, personally, I hate it when people simply say, "It rocks!" or "You suck!" Both are indeed useless reviews.
But, what I really hate is when people hate on a film. "You should burn in hell for making that!" "That was the worst piece of crap I've ever seen!" "I want that ** minutes of my life back!" "Anyone who likes this film should be shot!" It's indeed childish. I see it everywhere though.
To me, a review is a review. You're supposed to write something other people can look at and decide whether or not they want to see it. Honestly rate it, but explain your feelings toward it. Don't just hate on it.
As I've seen mentioned countless time here, everyone has their own view on how a film should be made, and each director should be respected for their opinion.

But, that's just me.
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly right. Someone did bring up a good point, what about the reviews that say "IT ROCKED!". Maybe that too can be labled as a bad review, however, I think people should learn to elaborate on their reviews and should enforce registration in order to write a review. That way no one can remain annonymous. Which is the main reason people write those kinds of things.
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean completely annonymous. I just meant as of now, a person could put in "the critic" and we have no idea who that person is. If we had to register to review we would at least have a log in name present and people would be more responsible with their reviews. Good or bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: