Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How about awards for the greatest Fan films?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judge Rico

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence to new members but I think it's better to have the oldest members of the website as the committee. Sorry if that seems harsh to the new guys but I think it's a fairer way.

I think the first step is to get the committee members settled. Then move on from there...

Bobman, CFE, and myself seem obvious choices as we've been around since the beginning practically. So we either choose one more member to make it a group of 5 or three more members to make it a group of 7.

I personally would say 5 because it's a nice small number. But 7 would possibly be fairer because there would be more members to vote.

Thoughts people?
AL-AX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Smile
Judge Rico

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my thinking that the older members are more likely to have seen all the films. They know the whole spectrum of Batman fan films and would be better able to make a judgment.

I know it sounds slightly archaic and snobbish but I'm just trying to push the debate along.

I know there's flaws in what I've said and that, so long as any committee member has seen every fan film he/she should be able to make a good judgment.

I actually agree that Techno and Black Adam would make perfectly good members.
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even though I am a noob I think a fresh face is needed to judge. After all this whole thing (except the commitee , which is a pretty damn good idea)was my idea. Anyway I have a great idea for the chosing of the commitee... everyone whos intrested has to write a thoughtout review of any filn on here besides their own. Could decide upon whos in or out by reading each review and deciding on the best ones.
Black Adam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an important point, and I'm glad you've addressed it, Judge Rico. If people on this board generally prefer a smaller, more familiar and respected committee, that's great. That would probably maintain a higher image of legitimacy, and like I said before, I wouldn't at all mind withdrawing. That being said, as long as the less experienced of us offering our help do all that were supposed to, I think we could be perfectly valuable and contribute a lot to the process, as long as our participation is supported by the community at large, of course.

How about we let the top members such as Judge Rico and Bobman be heads of the committee, and they get to decide together who else gets to participate? If you at the top would prefer to keep us new folks off, that's fine (with me, at least Wink ).

P.S: I haven't heard anyone talking about the sample system I suggested. Is there no interest in that? I thought it was a good idea.
The Techno Bat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Rico wrote:
But I think Ariel Prince or Techno Bat should be included somewhere because they're pretty level headed guys.

Thank You very much for the kind words Smile
Judge Rico

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Adam wrote:
How about we let the top members such as Judge Rico and Bobman be heads of the committee, and they get to decide together who else gets to participate? If you at the top would prefer to keep us new folks off, that's fine (with me, at least Wink )

That sounds like a good place to start. So Bobman and me, pick four additional members to make a committee of 7. Who is in favour of this idea?
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one likes my idea... o well I am in favor Rico
The Techno Bat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Rico wrote:
That sounds like a good place to start. So Bobman and me, pick four additional members to make a committee of 7. Who is in favour of this idea?

I like that idea, I am for it.

comicbookgeek wrote:
Well even though I am a noob I think a fresh face is needed to judge. After all this whole thing (except the commitee , which is a pretty damn good idea)was my idea. Anyway I have a great idea for the chosing of the commitee... everyone whos intrested has to write a thoughtout review of any filn on here besides their own. Could decide upon whos in or out by reading each review and deciding on the best ones.

Not too shabby of an idea there having to write up a review...
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O and sorry if i sounded like a jerk earlier... it was like 1 in the morning or something... Embarassed
avenger999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool so are you actually going to have awards and stuff or is this just like hopefull thinking? id love to take part in it in some way if your seriouse about it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would probably be a little banner thing they can put on their website or poster to advertise that people really thought their movie was great
avenger999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Smile so lets do it then Smile everyone who wants their fan film up to win post its name and a link to a site with it here!

How about we have April as the due date (or later but there should be more then enough time to let everyone sign up and finish anything that is almost done) and any fan film can be submitted but only what one or two per person and we can start a separate thread with a poll for all the films on April the first and give it a week for people to vote and um everything should be split up by whether its a full film or a trailer and how much money was spent to make it (0-100, 100-1000, and Grayson, worlds finest, and dead end aren’t allowed lol).

Anyone who wants to make a banner make 4 versions (2 for the different film price categorize and two for the trailers) and we can have a vote for which banner set is the best.

Sound good? Or we could do like other peep suggested and other peep decide who wins or what ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a decision here...
avenger999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-THE OFFICIAL RULES-

Submitting a film / trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All submitions must be posted in this thread from March 1st to May 1st no latter. When you post your fan film it must have these things.

1) The name of the fan film/trailer.
2) Is it a trailer or a film (don’t submit trailers if its for a film that you are actually going to complete only if the trailer is all that will be done such as Grayson and worlds finest).
3) Did you spend more or less then 100$ (I don’t know what the conversion is for other currencies but just say if u spent a decent amount on it or not)
4) The web address where it can be watched.

Qualifications!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Each person can submit no more then two films/trailers
2) There is no limit to how old the films are (since this is the first time we are doing this so none of them have won already)
3) It does NOT have to be batman related but it must be based on something or else it’s not really a fan film
4) You have to of in some way worked on the film yourself to submit it (theres no point giving an award to someone who doesn’t know there is one)

Voteing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The films will be split up into 4 categories (high budget films, low budget films, high budget trailer, and low budget trailer) and there will be a new thread started for each category where the voting will take place (if there are not enough films submitted all the catagoys will be merged together)

Everybody who is a member of the bff forum can post the name of the film or trailer that they think should win (you can vote for all categories but only once for each category) and on June 1st the votes will be counted

The prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone will get a banner saying that they took part in the awards and the top 3 for each category will get a banner saying what place they where voted as everyone will be listed on the official fan film awards site (that doesn’t exist at the moment) saying what place they where, how many votes they got, and what percent of the votes that was.

BLAH!
So is that ok or not? It should be run by the individual members of the forum not one person. Anyways this will give you all two months to submit anything you want and then one month for everyone to get a chance to vote

if anyone thinks theres something horrably wrong with that then suggest a change otherwise start posting your films here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: