Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How about awards for the greatest Fan films?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: How about awards for the greatest Fan films? Reply with quote

I think we should have our own little awards show where we vote on best Fan film, best actor, best director, etc. We could make little certificates or something and send them to the winners via email! Let me know what u guys think... and Id like ur input on this.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a cool idea
aTwenty7thLetter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic idea.

BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE

www.27thLetterProductions.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the categories... Best Fan Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Villain, Best Costumes, Best Directing, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Original Music, Best Sound, Best Creenplay/Script... I cant really think of anything else. For the way to section of the entries u could have it for Film, Trailer, Teaser,etc. We could have like a certain due date that ur films have to be in by to qualify. For example we could say the film should be posted by March 1, and Voting will take place on March 4. I just realized another problem... how will we stop people from voting for their own movies?
Black Adam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun.

I suggest a commitee be set up of credible members of this community, just like the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc. The commitee would choose five nominees from all the people who submitted their works, and then either vote amongst themselves for the single winner, or open it up to the whole forum. Of course, the commitee members would have to have seen/read or be willing to see/read all films/teasers/trailers/scripts submitted. No small task.

As for catagories, why not one for each section on this site: trailer, teaser, film, script. Then, if you want to be specific, you can go into actors, actresses, production values, feature-length script, short-script, etc.

This sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Could raise awareness, too. Full steam ahead, says I.
aTwenty7thLetter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The committee is a good idea, but even some of them may have their work nominated. Maybe there's a way to have everyone on the forum vote for who gets nominated. They could send private messages to a trustworthy member. Then after the nominees are announced, everyone could send another pm with their pick.

The problems I see are that there aren't that many members here. And likewise, not a lot of submissions. But if we only do it once a year that shouldn't be a problem.

Since 2006 just started, this seems like a good time to start discussing this. If these awards were held in December, we'd have all the films that came out this year to consider (giving films like Brutality/Duality, Interlude, Patrol, etc. a chance to be in the running).

BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE

www.27thLetterProductions.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr. Luthor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, first time poster here, although been following fan films since Batman Beyond: Year One awhile back. I'd had been thinking about awards for fan films for awhile now and thought this would be perfect for my first post. I had all ready typed out categorizes
and nominees. Here is the list, let me know if u agree or disagree...

Best Fan Film

Batman: Dead End
Patient J
Grayson
Batman Beyond: Year One

Best Director

Sandy Collora – Batman Dead End/ Worlds Finest
Aaron Schoenke – Patient J/ Batman: Dark Justice/ Batman Beyond: Year One
John Feriolla – Grayson
Johnny Wu – A Joker’s Card
Best Actor/Actress

Paul Molnar as Joker – Patient J
Christopher Stapleton as Batman - Death of Batman
Niki Notarile - Selina Kyle/Catwoman – Catwoman Principles
Kyle Znamenak as Jonathan Napier – A Joker’s Card

Best Costumes

Patient J
Dead End
Grayson
World’s Finest

Best Make up

Patient J
Dead End
Grayson
Worlds Finest

Best Cinematography

Patient J
Dead End
Grayson
Worlds Finest

Best Fight Scene

Dark Justice
Catwoman Principles
Robin: Punchline
A Joker’s Card

Best Original Music

Sean Schoenke - Patient J/Dark Justice/Batman Beyond: Year One
Aryavarta Kumar – A Joker’s Card

Best Special Effects

Batman Beyond: Year One
Worlds Finest

Fan Film Life Time Achievement Award

Aaron Schoenke
Sandy Collora

I chose those based on reviews on this site and others, number listings off this site, and my own personal favs

thoughts?
Bobman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Sounds kind of one-sided to me. Confused
The Techno Bat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea alot and if it is too get started this year I think only work that has been submitted this year in 2006, and say 6 months back into 2005 be allowed into best fan film award categories, going back and doing all the films would take too long (IMO)

I like somebodies suggestion of only allowing films with a 3 or higher rating be allowed into the fan film categories, but shouldn't exclude other categories with a 2 or below rating that may have had a good script, great acting, etc... for example if somebody had a fan film that got a 1, but had a great actor that played Batman, he should be allowed into the best actor category.

And I would like to throw my name into the awards committee group...
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the nominations list is really one sided.

For one, we have to put a budget limit on a fanfilm. There should be a $2,000 limit on fanfilms. So that still would allow Batman Beyond: Year One. Dead End and Grayson would be eliminated.
Reason why I say that is because if you, alike collora have a $30,000 budget you could make a great film all the time. Maybe it should be in a sub category like Bets fanfilm with x amount of $'s and best fanfilm below x amount of $'s. only to make it fair. otherwise directors who have little budget, but have a great story and little money WON'T be nominated which is a shame. there are a lot of great movies out there that have little money, but a great story and acting.

For one, Grayson is really a trailer not a film. So that should be in its own category. Like "best animation feature" for the oscars, we could have "best trailer fan film". So that could be grayson, batman in the flesh, etc.

And about your special fx noms: what really did world's finest do with special fx? if anything I think grayson had more digital effects then world's finest.

Also, about sub-categories. some films are only 5 min. long and others are longer.

Look outside the box boys and girls. this should be a fair judgement and from the list i just read, it isn't fair at all.
Bobman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly, brtn. Let us not forget Batman: Defenders of the Night, which was hailed for its very well thought out script, but was booed for its poor acting and direction.
ClowsTHEGAME

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolate the nominees by year of release. So the awards show should only include films of 2005. And maybe separate ones for 2004. And new ones after the new year for 2006.
Black Adam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion seems pretty solid, but it seems to give the works that have had more exposure a fairly big edge: people can vote without having spent any time with many of the works (I'll admit to defending my own interests here.)

I'm still campaigning for the committee. Granted, what I recommended earlier would put a lot of pressure on those participating, so that's why I'm suggesting this: anyone who wants to submit their work for nomination has to submit a sample to the committee, say 5 pages for a screenplay, a minute for a film or trailer, or whatever. Depending on the number of works submitted, the committee can either split the viweing/reading responsibilities amongst themselves (for example, one person gets 5 script samples, another gets 5 trailer samples, and any number of those 5 can be submitted for recommendation) or have each member view the entire collection of samples and choose a list of works that are worthy of nomination (this would be ideal, but maybe not practical). From there, all the samples that get a recommendation are reviewed by the entire committee, and then a list of nominnes is agreed upon. The committee would then have two weeks- a month to read/view the complete versions of all the works nominated, and from there, they can submit their final votes.

As for the forming of the committee... anyone who wants to could join, but there would be a few rules: you have to read/view all the samples assigned to you, and you can't recommend your own work for nomination.

Am I hardcore, or am I hardcore? The regulations may need tweaking the further this comes along, but I think this is a solid base. How about you guys?
Bobman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me for tooting my own horn here, but I would like to nominate ROBIN for Most Original Costuming, maybe?... Laughing
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this...why aren't all films be considered for awards instead of nominating a few films. I think all films in this forum have certain sections where they are supperior to others.

This would make it more fair and less one sided, like the lists i have seen and the academy awards which are one sided. I'm sorry but that list on here is REALLY one-sided.

We should make criteria for each catergory. Like trailers, films over 10 min or films under 10 min. Films that have more then 5 digital shots (ie. Grayson had only 4 digital shots and Worlds finest had at least one or two that I remember. That film [Dead End] probably would not be considered.)

Films made with little budget or a big budget.

Maybe even an age bracket, films made by a director under the age of 16 or whatever.

Or the filmmakers could submit their work for certain categories and we the people choose among those submitted.

P.S. This idea is old...I discussed this almost a year ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: