Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Dark Knight Rises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chayden wrote:
tmbrtn wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
SPOILERS
a friend of mine just saw the film he is Robin

Not technically!

Have to agree with Bio. There were so many winks ("you should wear a mask") and with his legal name being "Robin Jonathan Blake" ... without actually suiting him up, I'd say it was pretty close.

Or if you like, taking from the final scene, he's a bit "Terry Mcginnis", too.

i wish they would of just said that was his name, lol

also if anyone cares my podcast, about 45min of TDKR talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugh2RMALqvA
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chayden wrote:

That's why I say he isn't technically Robin...

And Batman telling him to wear a mask...not really hinting and the old bandit mask, but the whole series has been based on Wayne "finding" someone to take over...that was a big theme in TDK.

Not saying he isn't a partner, but he isn't Robin.

Put it this way, we were watching "The Dark Knight Rises" not "Robin Begins". If you really want to get theme orintated, the final scene...

*****SPOILERS*****

...has Blake land on the platform where the computer and suit come out of and he with it "Rises"...
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmbrtn wrote:
chayden wrote:

That's why I say he isn't technically Robin...

And Batman telling him to wear a mask...not really hinting and the old bandit mask, but the whole series has been based on Wayne "finding" someone to take over...that was a big theme in TDK.

Yes. The main point for the ending of this film is not setting-up for a sequel. It means that the legend of the Dark Knight will live on, even without Wayne as Batman. So the world still spins in the Nolan series, also with Gordon finding the Bat-Signal. So Bruce already set-up everything for Blake in order to become the next Batman.

Later in life, John "Robin" Blake will find someone to "pass the torch" to another person. Making that person into the next Batman. Then later on, that person "Robin" selected before, will "pass the torch" to someone else as the next Batman, and so on. Making the Dark Knight legend live on without the legacy dying along side Bruce Wayne (if he dies as Batman).

Henri Ducard: "No, no, no. A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely."

Bruce Wayne: "Which is?"

Henri Ducard: "A legend, Mr. Wayne."

~BatBoy13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: