Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Dark Knight Rises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatBoy13 wrote:
tmbrtn wrote:
I agree with Chayden, he's most likely a "sidekick" of sorts.

I don't think of JGL's character in the film as a sidekick, but more as one of Batman's allies. Batman already has a partnership with Commissioner Gordon and is teaming up with Catwoman in this film

Sidekick, partner...really kind of the same thing, but agreed.
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatBoy13 wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
JGL character was a orphan until Bruce found him.

my guess is JGL is Robin aka Dick Grayson BUT he uses the name in the movie after Bruce finds him and he gets him to be in the Police force. he does this to keep the cops off his back and stay 1 step ahead of them.

I'm guessing more of John Blake (JGL) as some kind of Beat Cop in Gordon's unit. The kind of Officer that can be trusted. After Batman gone M.I.A. and Bane's takeover of Gotham, Blake and others Police Officers (maybe?) still continue to be in active duty and will cover for Batman.
Like drawing small Bat symbols with chalk on walls. Pretending and fooling Gotham that Batman never went missing, Blake still has hope that he'll be back.
But later for a few years, Blake has his disbelief. Batman maybe won't return. This is from the trailers for this film...

Kid: "Do you think he's coming back?"

Blake: (Pause) "I don't know."

~BatBoy13

Everyone thinks he's "Robin" or an incarnation of "Nightwing"...has anyone thought maybe JGL takes over for Gordon? Remember in the teaser we see Gordon in really bad shape...rumor has it that Bane take Gordon nearly killing him. Maybe JGL is kind of new Gordon.

Also, I think if Robin were to be in this film Nolan wouldn't keep it from the audience. He's always been honest about what is in the film never hiding any characters. Not to mention we would have seen something on the net confirming Robin's appearance in the film. Like a picture or some extra filming JGL in his Robin costume.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

a friend of mine just saw the film he is Robin
stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see the dark night rises in the IMax tonight at 3AM! lol every day till monday is sold out normal time! it!

also check this out!
Link: (click here)
my boy bill did a awesome job as the joker!
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephen wrote:
I'm going to see the dark night rises in the IMax tonight at 3AM! lol every day till monday is sold out normal time! it!

Sweet! I'm going to see it at a midnight showing in a few hours. Can't wait!!! Very Happy

~BatBoy13
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiohazardXBW wrote:
SPOILERS

a friend of mine just saw the film he is Robin

Not technically!
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw it. Robin it was, Nolans version anyway...

6.5/10 i wasn't a big fan
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiohazardXBW wrote:
saw it. Robin it was, Nolans version anyway...

6.5/10 i wasn't a big fan

He wasn't Robin...Robin was Dick Grayson not Robin John Blake or John Robin Blake. Nolan had to of thrown that in there just for kicks.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he finds the cave, he finds the suit. he is a orphan. for all purpose Nolan pulled a Singer on us and put his own stamp on it with "Superboy"
Darkwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS, just fyi.

I gotta say, I was a bit disappointed with it too. And I've enjoyed the series. I'm one of the biggest supporters of Heath Ledger's Joker. I thought it was amazing, so I had faith in Nolan's casting and storytelling. But the movie was just lacking to me. And, to me, unless you give some kind of explanation that Selina Kyle is wearing a mask to protect her identity or something, then she's just a weirdo running around with cat ears on. Cause everyone knew is was her, so the mask seemed pointless.

It was just too cliched to me. I figured out everything before the first hour was up. The bomb, Talia, Robin, the ending with Bruce and Selina. It was just too obvious. I was hoping they would turn it around with a brilliant ending instead of the generic self sacrificial ending where the hero must dispose of the bomb himself.

There was a lot about the movie I did still like, like the wear and tear being Batman had on Bruce's body, and the first battle between Batman and Bane. But I actually got bored and kept hoping that they would at least give me Batman and Catwoman against Bane in an extended throwdown. What? It could work. But, that is just me.

If you like my work, spread the word.
Leave me a comment too, if you'd like. Whether positive for my work, or negative.

Writing is my life.
pizzacat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved this movie
Darkwing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it will just take some time to grow on me. Highly likely I went in expecting too much. And though I did say Selina Kyle looked like a weirdo, I meant with no explanation the cat ears seemed out of place. Aside from that, she was one of the best aspects of the movie to me. So much so that I had to go and create this:

Link: (click here)

Leave me a comment too, if you'd like. Whether positive for my work, or negative.

Writing is my life.
Deadpoolfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on Friday and after we left the theater I felt a bit let down too. I was expecting one thing and got something else quite different. But to be honest, the more I think of the movie the more I like it.

Yeah some twists were predictable, but some I was glad that they were actually there. I had the same experience with TDK though too so I'm sure that I'll end up loving it like I did with TDK.

Deadpool
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkwing wrote:
And though I did say Selina Kyle looked like a weirdo, I meant with no explanation the cat ears seemed out of place.

You did realize the cat ears were part of her mask right? They were more like racing goggles.
Darkwing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmbrtn wrote:
Darkwing wrote:
And though I did say Selina Kyle looked like a weirdo, I meant with no explanation the cat ears seemed out of place.

You did realize the cat ears were part of her mask right? They were more like racing goggles.

Yeah, that was kinda obvious. Of course, I don't remember her ever popping them down until the end. I might have forgotten it, considering it was a three hour movie. But, all I remembered was her keeping them up the whole time and me thinking how it didn't make any sense, and then she pops them down when she got on the batcycle or whatever. That just made it odd since the movies have been generally quick to point out why they look the way they look.

Of course, again, not to be misunderstood, I love the outfit overall. I supported it from the moment I saw it. Cat ears to goggles was brilliant. It was just a negligible tidbit that left me kinda baffled during the movie.

Writing is my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: