Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The iPrick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: The iPrick Reply with quote

a little commercial i got hired to do last week. thought some of you might get a kick out of sticking it to those wonderful internet trolls we all know of.
reptile84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of takes awhile to get to the punchline, however, very Funny at the end. Maybe cut out a few sec's of the disappointed people in the beginning...But obviously, if you got the gig, they must have liked your commercial.

Nerd in black t-shirt is exactly the kind of heckler I envision these losers to resemble. heh, heh.
...Mommm! Surprised
COMICFILMEXPERT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You played the muscle well (you have a knack for being easily identified in all your work by the way) but overall it doesn't work as a spot.

It's way too long. The entire opening with the reactions has nothing to do with the heckler character and they really aren't necessary at all. They feel tagged on there for...well...no reason. I think people can sufficeintly get the joke without them.

Even worse, it's not that funny.

Not that I'm trying to sympathize with the heckler or anything like that.

It's literally not funny...at all. Any of it. The intent was to make me laugh and it didn't even make my lip curl into anything that could remotely constitute a smile.

Since its primary function was supposed to be comedy, personally I guess it just failed abyssmally for me.

Decently shot though, sort of...I mean the angles were okay. Lighting seemed a little non-existent...maybe that's just YouTube though.

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey chas, guess what- it is funny. read the comments. i havent deleted any negative comments either. its funny because its true. its poking fun at all the people out there who have nothing better to do than to $h!t on other people's efforts. and so far, it seems to be getting nothing but positive response.

i guess you cant identify with the humor in it as you probably have not been on the receiving end of a troll attack, though you have indeed been on the giving end.

too bad you didnt get the humor. that aint my fault. but whatever- i still got paid.
SaveTheempireProductions

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but the bad acting completely took me out of it. The lead "nerd" was way too over the top.

But it seemed like that's what you were going for, so maybe it just didn't click with me.
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats what i was going for. it was a parody.
COMICFILMEXPERT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris .R. Notarile wrote:
i guess you cant identify with the humor in it as you probably have not been on the receiving end of a troll attack, though you have indeed been on the giving end.

Given the charicature of a 'troll' that you've created and presented here, you can't possibly put me into that demographic at all.

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well clearly you arent squirrely or fat with long stringy hair and a horrible lisp.

the concept of the troll is that he looks for the s#!t in the shoe. he purposely lashes out at people and hides behind the safety of his computer. because we all know if he were having a face to face conversation, he would be a little more diplomatic.

so if you can confidently say that you have never intentionally done the aforementioned, then by all means, you're not a troll.

but like they say, "on every block there's always that one nutty family that everyone else can't stand. and if you don't know who that family is on your block, chances are, its your family."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: