Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Derailed Thread trying to get back on track.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chris .R. Notarile



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.

This summer, if you're going to step up, make sure you STEP HARD!

And coming shortly after, STEP HARD 2: STEP HARDER

STEP HARD WITH A VENGENCE

and

GET SERVED OR STEP HARD


im a friggin genius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aaron Schoenke



Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris .R. Notarile wrote:

i am indeed in league with aaron. the only difference between us is our budgets. aaron was fortunate enough to inherit a large chunk of cash to make his fan film whereas i have not been blessed with the passing of rich relatives. i am a poor man, living a poor life. my father isnt my business partner. i dont live in hollywood and i dont have the same access to equipment and special fx that someone like aaron does.



Just to set some facts straight here, no one in my family had passed away, and I have not inherited any money. Anyone who knows me, knows I work 24/7. I work on commericals, pilots, reels and tv shows like Deadilest Warrior. I push myself in those fields to have the money to excel my actual career, I believe in giving a 110% to something you love and wish to succed in.

Chris, for you to make something up to justify your self worth is extremely sad and pathetic, especially making up something about a family member of mine passing way. The lack of maturity you have shown in this threat is beyond words.


PS Thanks to Chas for the heads up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris .R. Notarile



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Schoenke wrote:
Chris .R. Notarile wrote:

i am indeed in league with aaron. the only difference between us is our budgets. aaron was fortunate enough to inherit a large chunk of cash to make his fan film whereas i have not been blessed with the passing of rich relatives. i am a poor man, living a poor life. my father isnt my business partner. i dont live in hollywood and i dont have the same access to equipment and special fx that someone like aaron does.



Just to set some facts straight here, no one in my family had passed away, and I have not inherited any money. Anyone who knows me, knows I work 24/7. I work on commericals, pilots, reels and tv shows like Deadilest Warrior. I push myself in those fields to have the money to excel my actual career, I believe in giving a 110% to something you love and wish to succed in.

Chris, for you to make something up to justify your self worth is extremely sad and pathetic, especially making up something about a family member of mine passing way. The lack of maturity you have shown in this threat is beyond words.


PS Thanks to Chas for the heads up


well then i recant my statement as i was given misinformation. i was strictly basing my opinion on what was told to me. thank you for setting the record straight and i apologize for not directly asking you.

but apart from that- chas, you're still a douche.

and aaron, though i respect you as filmmaker, i still stand by my opinion that you spent too much money on your fan film. but thats my opinion and im entitled to it.

apart from that, i have nothing but respect for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aaron Schoenke



Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you are just trying to cover your ass. This misinformation you were "told" is clearly a lie made up by you. Where would anyone come up with such conclusions, nothing of the sort is posted anywhere. You maliciously lied about my family to excuse the low quality of your films. I stay as far as possible from debating and arguing on forums, especially with someone like you, but what you have said and lied about here is unexcusable and I hope this further exposes what we already know, that you are an immature, jealous person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PlusOneProductions



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 527

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Schoenke wrote:
Now you are just trying to cover your ass. This misinformation you were "told" is clearly a lie made up by you. Where would anyone come up with such conclusions, nothing of the sort is posted anywhere. You maliciously lied about my family to excuse the low quality of your films. I stay as far as possible from debating and arguing on forums, especially with someone like you, but what you have said and lied about here is unexcusable and I hope this further exposes what we already know, that you are an immature, jealous person.


Chris, I cannot help but agree. This was crossing the line. I feel the putting off track of this thread was through no fault of your own, and I tried to stay as far away from it as I could as to stop the hectics, but you've done a huge wrong man.

Very disappointing.
_________________
Nightwing Year One
2010
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
COMICFILMEXPERT



Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 1588
Location: Training to be the next David Goyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I ever did was make genuine observations and critiques...which is what I'm allowed to do. Excerising my right to judge and form opinions on your work is all I've ever done aside from the one or two examples of me forming an opinion as to why it seems everyone has an issue with you.

But I'd never stoop to making claims about people DYING...about someone coming into money that way...

Even if it WAS miscommunication, you clearly had intent when you slung that mud around...

If you HAD indeed heard this news and you WERE indeed friends with Aaron, wouldn't you have contacted him expressing sympathies? That way he could've informed you in private that what you heard was false?

No. Instead you chose to blindly accept it and NOW use it as ammunition against him.
_________________
Director of Batman: PATROL

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Deadpoolfan



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Posts: 315
Location: Highland, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMICFILMEXPERT wrote:
All I ever did was make genuine observations and critiques...which is what I'm allowed to do. Excerising my right to judge and form opinions on your work is all I've ever done aside from the one or two examples of me forming an opinion as to why it seems everyone has an issue with you.

But I'd never stoop to making claims about people DYING...about someone coming into money that way...

Even if it WAS miscommunication, you clearly had intent when you slung that mud around...

If you HAD indeed heard this news and you WERE indeed friends with Aaron, wouldn't you have contacted him expressing sympathies? That way he could've informed you in private that what you heard was false?

No. Instead you chose to blindly accept it and NOW use it as ammunition against him.

And you are now using it against Chris. No one has said that you aren't allowed to have opinions, but there is a thing called tact. From your first post in this thread you have been argumentative and spiteful towards Chris. Now I agree that what Chris has done in regards to Aaron is inexcusable. Simply put. But so are your actions towards Chris. This argument wouldn't have even begun if it weren't for statements like:

Quote:
Why don't you hold off a year or something, pull all your efforts and just make one decent original film instead of a handful of mediocre ones that just mooch off John Carpenter or Comics?


So please, the thing between him and Aaron is now their problem, not more reasons for you to spew insults and hate about him/his work.

So can we PLEASE get this thread back on track or is this too much to ask? PLEASE.
_________________
"None of this is really happening... There is a man... With a typewriter..."

Deadpool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
COMICFILMEXPERT



Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 1588
Location: Training to be the next David Goyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at fault here.

Am I lying when I say the overall quality of Chris' work shows little to no improvement? The work CAN speak for itself so I'll be glad to hold my peace from now on.

Am I being spiteful when I'm simply suggesting he make ONE decent project instead of spreading himself thin on a dozen? I don't think so.

I made a perfectly reasonable observation of which I'm allowed and Chris attacked me.

The problem you have isn't with what I said but in the way I said it.

It might've been harsh...but it was no more harsh than what any critic would say.

I guess I just missed the memo about treating Notarile and his work with kid gloves since he (and you) so obviously find offense and resort to basically calling me 'a big meanie.'
_________________
Director of Batman: PATROL

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Deadpoolfan



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Posts: 315
Location: Highland, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMICFILMEXPERT wrote:
I'm not at fault here.

Am I lying when I say the overall quality of Chris' work shows little to no improvement? The work CAN speak for itself so I'll be glad to hold my peace from now on.

Am I being spiteful when I'm simply suggesting he make ONE decent project instead of spreading himself thin on a dozen? I don't think so.

I made a perfectly reasonable observation of which I'm allowed and Chris attacked me.

The problem you have isn't with what I said but in the way I said it.

It might've been harsh...but it was no more harsh than what any critic would say.

I guess I just missed the memo about treating Notarile and his work with kid gloves since he (and you) so obviously find offense and resort to basically calling me 'a big meanie.'

Dude, slow down. There's no need to start insulting me now. All I'm saying is to try using a little tact since you know that Chris doesn't react well to criticism.

All you are doing now is twisting my words and making it seem like I'm defending him and calling you "a big meanie". You both are acting REALLY immature and I am just trying to diffuse a completely pointless argument. Is it so wrong of me to try and bring this thread back on track?
_________________
"None of this is really happening... There is a man... With a typewriter..."

Deadpool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
COMICFILMEXPERT



Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 1588
Location: Training to be the next David Goyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough...I'm just making it clear that I didn't outright attack Chris.

I could care less where this thread or project goes, so I'll gladly go ahead and be done with it.

You're okay, DPFan.
_________________
Director of Batman: PATROL

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cmoshier



Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: His Private IM Reply with quote

Quote:
im going to give you one chance to publicly apologize for your inflammatory comments about me. at no point have i publicly bashed aaron's movie or attacked him in any slanderous way. all i have stated (repeatedly i might add) is that fan films should have so much money invested in them because it almost defeats the purpose of fan films to begin with.

i dont take kindly to your nasty remarks. i am not mocking aaron and i am not attempting hurt him, but am rather agreeing with 2 previous posters.

if you have a bone to pick with me, now would be a good time to do so. but if you dont then i strongly advise you to promptly apologize for what you said on the thread. your comments are the very reason i am almost terrified to post on here anymore, because every time i speak my mind, EVERYONE me out.

i dont need that. i have tried to be nice and civil with you in the past and dont recall ever attacking you. in fact i have on multiple occasions tried to chat with you in a friendly manner and have also done your podcast. i am a very nice and understanding person, and thought we were on better terms.

i dont want drama and i dont need this sort of crap insighting other people to me out for voicing my thoughts. so i ask, please recant your statements. otherwise i will give you the colorful response you joyously asked for.

Chris .R. Notarile
Sat Jun 19, 2010
9:11 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chris .R. Notarile



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron, i am not making up a story to cover my ass. i have no reason to lie. i was told something by someone and the information was wrong. chas pissed me off and i vented. thats all there is to it.

chas from the getgo you have attacked me on this thread and have been a complete jerk.

chris moisher- you too are a complete jerk, especially for posting the private message i sent you after you too publicly bashed me.

the bottom line- aaron, i made a mistake and am not covering my ass. i said what i thought was correct and i am big enough to know when i made a mistake. you can either accept my apology or you too can join the dick list that moisher and chas so rightfully belong on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
COMICFILMEXPERT



Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 1588
Location: Training to be the next David Goyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the 'Bayplosion' thread:

Chris .R. Notarile wrote:
ok this is what you dont seem to get. i didnt ask you or anyone for a critique on HOW the film was made. at no point did i want your opinion. i just asked you to enjoy it and watch it. if you thought it was funny, then great, if not, then whatever.

you and many others on this site seem to find it necessary to give me unwanted feedback. you guys dissect everything to the point where it does come off as insulting and arrogant.

unless i ask for a breakdown, please dont give me one. its not because i cant handle it, its because i wasnt asking for it. if i want a critique, trust me, ill ask from someone i look up to. and if i want a second opinion, ill come here.

any of this sinking in? its not that i cant handle the "truths" you claim to tell me, its that i never asked to hear them in the first place.

by you always dissecting my work, it takes the fun out of it. and then telling me im immature and holding back on my full potential is just icing on the insult cake. like i told chase, watch ALL 117 of my films before you tell me what im holding back on. because until you do, you dont really know jack about me apart from what i post on here, which isnt much.


When you put up a piece of work on a site dedicated to and passionate about that field, that's asking for a critique whether you want it or not...that's just how it goes. Again, you can't 'condition' us NOT to do that.

Chris .R. Notarile wrote:
its just uncalled for, ya know? i could understand if i put up something more serious, with a plot or heavy acting etc.


Well apparently you don't understand because when we critique work that DOES have plot ("Elektra," "Mr. J") you STILL get defensive and attack anyone who comes within a hundred yards of pointing out flaws.

Basically you just want praise...so much so that you'll tell people NOT to judge your work. And if anyone does judge it, you'll just throw a hissy fit.

How could you possibly be that delusional to think you're ever going to have an actual career with an approach to criticism like THAT?

Critique is a fact of art...it's going to happen...no matter how badly you don't want it.

But we're here trying to give you constructive criticism...on several occasions people have mentioned that the camera work could use improvement, editing could be tighter...

I've thrown out reasonable suggestions about earning money for budgets, about concentrating more closely on a single project instead of being spread thin by several at once to up the quality...

But that's it. I know you'll be relieved but I AM done with this.

All I've gathered is that you want to languish where you are without improvement, run around in circles, lash out at anyone who rightfully judges your work and attack people for their opinion yet demand apologies when they express their opinion right back to you.

That's your deal...so carry on.
_________________
Director of Batman: PATROL

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chris .R. Notarile



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there is an unspoken rule that you dont critique people you dont like. because its incredibly hard to remain fair and balanced. and the person being critiqued can often find it hard to know when you are being genuine or hurtful.

you clearly have a problem with me. so much so that you purposely derailed this thread and brought up a ton of unnecessary subjects and insults just to get your point across.

i asked you from the beginning to take this debate up with me on instant messenger, yet you continued to b!tch me out on here. you got me so revved up i blurted out that bit about aaron, which now i have learned was incorrect. had you not tried so hard to attack me, i wouldnt aired that misinformation and now i wouldnt have this beef with aaron either.

your problem is that you dont have diplomacy. ill admit i am a very controversial person and for some reason i have an uncanny talent to overexcite people on this site towards the radical, but the least you could have done was after you said your peace in the first post, take up my offer and chat with me privately. several people in fact asked you to not continue attacking me, and yet you did.

regardless of what your intentions were, you came off as a jerk and a tool. i hope youre happy with yourself.


Last edited by Chris .R. Notarile on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
COMICFILMEXPERT



Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 1588
Location: Training to be the next David Goyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any problems I have with you go no further or personal than the problems everyone seems to have with you.
_________________
Director of Batman: PATROL

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

BATMAN and All Related Characters TM and © DC COMICS
Header by Rick Thiele "zy" (3D) © 2004 Rick Thiele
Copyright © 2003- - DECODV - All Rights Reserved