Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Killer Spirit~OUT NOW! REVIEWS PLEASE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trettfilms

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallagher Productions wrote:
lol u should see if they need work experience over the summer. I wish i knew anyone even close to the industry.

For the younger years in the school the english teachers asked their class you write a short review on the film and alot of them said they liked the music!
Iceman

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Overall, a pretty massive undertaking. Music was good, fit well, overall pace flowed good enough. I also really enjoyed the close up scenery shots interjected throughout, as they added a feeling of depth and realism to the film.

Someone else may have already mentioned this, but in the opening sequence, the phrase "to of killed" should be "to have killed". An easy mistake to make caused by typical slurring of English. I'd just advise having someone you trust with language skills going through and checking for typos next time.

The largest distraction was camera handling noise and ambient interruption. Try recording ambient tracks to lace beneath all other audio tracks so as to provide a smoother transition between shots.
trettfilms

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman wrote:
Very nice. Overall, a pretty massive undertaking. Music was good, fit well, overall pace flowed good enough. I also really enjoyed the close up scenery shots interjected throughout, as they added a feeling of depth and realism to the film.

Someone else may have already mentioned this, but in the opening sequence, the phrase "to of killed" should be "to have killed". An easy mistake to make caused by typical slurring of English. I'd just advise having someone you trust with language skills going through and checking for typos next time.

The largest distraction was camera handling noise and ambient interruption. Try recording ambient tracks to lace beneath all other audio tracks so as to provide a smoother transition between shots.

Thanks for the review and some good tips there; also I got a boom mic to avoid that camera noise problem.
Iceman

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm sure that will help. So what's your next project in the works?
trettfilms

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman wrote:
Cool, I'm sure that will help. So what's your next project in the works?

a bond-style film.
trettfilms

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review
Link: (click here)
trettfilms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email the other day saying that Peter Lambert the editor of the upcoming film "New Moon" and other titles such as "Cracks" (with Eva Green), "Love Actually", "Hannibal Rising", "Children Of Men" and some others was very impressed with Killer Spirit. along with Julie Moggan who does documentaries for Channel 4 and the BBC both said that the film was impressive for my age and that I hold a talent.

They requested to see the new Trett Films movie "Cold Sun" once complete.
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great man. Those are some solid credentials. What's the story on your new film?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming most of the 2nd part was shot during the day and darkened in AE?

Also, any reason you chose to shoot on VHS? Or was that the only option.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
trettfilms

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News on the new film very soon. I spent the day recording foley and some songs for the film with a drummer for it today.

VHS-C is easier to edit and I just always used it and never had much luck with it, it is also much cheaper and so it doesn't matter if the camera brakes or something.
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool about the new music.

How exactly is it easier? I'm just curious. Do you edit on a non linear editing computer program (like Premier, Vegas, or Final Cut), or do you have a different method?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: