Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Director for TDK?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: New Director for TDK? Reply with quote

Okay so there's no new director...lol...but I was thinking...

And don't think I'm not 100% satisfied with Christopher Nolan, but suppose he hadn't chosen to do Batman.

What would you think of a Batman film written by David Goyer to keep the story within the realism boundaries and directed by Michael Bay?

Just something I thought of daydreaming in class. Ideas? Discuss.
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Micheal Mann would be intresting
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think michael madsen would even be good, although i dont think he has directed before. although i could imagine him as a kickass bat
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although i loved transformers, i duno if mr. bay would be good for batman... id be interested though none the less
COMICFILMEXPERT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Bay for Batman?

That's the single stupidest thing I've ever heard in the last 6 years of my life...

No way in f**king HELL...

CFE

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Guan Ry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New Director for TDK? Reply with quote

Dash Madden wrote:
Okay so there's no new director...lol...but I was thinking...

And don't think I'm not 100% satisfied with Christopher Nolan, but suppose he hadn't chosen to do Batman.

What would you think of a Batman film written by David Goyer to keep the story within the realism boundaries and directed by Michael Bay?

Just something I thought of daydreaming in class. Ideas? Discuss.

Dash, you're a great guy. Just from the few chats we've had on MSN, I can tell you have a tremendous love of film and storytelling...but this has got to be one of the worst ideas I've seen. I can understand if you're not 100% satisfied with Nolan(there are things about Begins that really piss me off but it's still the best Batman film there is) but he's the best choice for the Batman films in this day and age. Tim Burton did too much of his own thing with an established character, Joel Schumacher...well....Batman & Robin, 'nuff said. Scorsese would cast Leo DiCapprio as Batman and Robert De Niro as Gordon, both not needed. George Lucas would come up with cliche story after cliche story(which sux because Original Trilogy Lucas is pretty good). Quentin Tarantino has stated many times he does not want to do a comic-book movie because it's "Too hard to please the fanboys" and his style wouldn't fit Batman anyway(although I think if he made a Deadpool movie with the same feel as Kill Bill, that would rock). Robert Rodriguez, maybe....maybe. Rob Zombie would turn all the characters into southern white-trash and have Batman drop the f-bomb every other word.

And now Michael Bay. I've never seen the Island but I've seen all of his other movies. And since there is no conceivable way The Island is a better movie than Transformers, Transformers is by far his best movie. All that being said, Bay's skill and style as a director would NOT work for a Batman film. His version of Batman would be very similar to Schumacher's, specifically Batman Forever(which is not a bad film, it's not Tim Burton, get over it). Not bad...it would make money probably but this new franchise wanted to leave no trace of the original(they succeed for the most part). The other thing to factor in on Transformer's success....Steven Spielberg. Sure, as far as artistic creativity goes, his level is debatable, but you can't deny the man has left his mark on film, hell, he doesn't even have to answer to producers who lend him millions and millions of dollars. NO other director can claim that(George Lucas funds his films himself so that doesn't count). Steven Spielberg was a producer on Transformers so it's most likely Steven ghost directed parts of the film. Some of the shots are so reminicent of Spielberg's style, plus the fact that the film is "great" and not "good", it's almost undeniable Spielberg was ghost directing. And, while we're at it...I wouldn't want Spielberg directing a Batman movie...not unless he did it similar to how he did A.I.

So after all that, Dash, I'm going to say "No, Michael Bay directing Batman is not a good idea."

lol. I'm gonna go eat breakfast.

Click Here to View Full Sized Image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Again I'm thrilled that Nolan is doing it, I would not have it any other way...I just wondered what it would be like if Bay did it. I didn't say I liked him. I just like to imagine how different things might be just because of one person.

And thanks Guan for giving an actual answer and not just 'That sucks.' lol

Everyone else, get a bigger vocabulary than that. Laughing

kidding
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Lucas

>_>

<_<
\CloWn PrInCe/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiohazardXBW wrote:
George Lucas

>_>

<_<

the first comeplete cgi batman film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GiZ29l8WA
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all know that David Schwimmer should direct Batman 3 dont we.
Dash Madden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

\CloWn PrInCe/ wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
George Lucas

>_>

<_<

there would be no locations thats 4 shour. but they would have like 4-5 actors
\CloWn PrInCe/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiohazardXBW wrote:
\CloWn PrInCe/ wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
George Lucas

>_>

<_<

" i was sitting down and suddenly it came to me...what if gotham city was more like cloud city? and batman actually took a more...bat solo type role. so after a few talks we eventually came to the conclusion that batman was completly un nessacary for an actual batman film and that there should be more focus on Robin who would eventually become a more jar jar binks character."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GiZ29l8WA
Guan Ry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

\CloWn PrInCe/ wrote:

" i was sitting down and suddenly it came to me...what if gotham city was more like cloud city? and batman actually took a more...bat solo type role. so after a few talks we eventually came to the conclusion that batman was completly un nessacary for an actual batman film and that there should be more focus on Robin who would eventually become a more jar jar binks character."

CP....buddy...that's just too scary.....it's like I was hearing the words of Lucas himself.

Click Here to View Full Sized Image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

\CloWn PrInCe/ wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
\CloWn PrInCe/ wrote:
BiohazardXBW wrote:
George Lucas

>_>

<_<

LMFAO. so True, but u forgot that Robin would need to be a 7ft tall gorilla looking character with a bowgun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: