Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This isnt funny
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubler83

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Critic wrote:

When these kids are old enough to truly consider the consequences of their actions...

You're making it sound like they murdered somebody.

They made a fan-film. Okay, it wasn't as good as other efforts on this site, but it's done. Move on.
The Lizard King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Critic wrote:
To DarkKnightSN, your inadvertently hitting on a main point I was trying to make. That's just the problem, these are just kids! They haven't developed the reasoning skills or maturity of thought yet to grasp any real critique of their work(using the work VERY loosely). Whether I gave a it a bad review or helpful, constructive one, it would not have mattered. They don't have the skills to process either intellegently. My review wasn't even really for them in the first place now that I think about it, it was just to bring some levity to the situation for those perusing the site and to try and discourage this kind of frivolous vid getting posted.

When these kids are old enough to truly consider the consequences of their actions and are able to comprehend any meaningful review of their work, then perhaps it may be time for them to post a serious effort on the website. However, that still doesn't mean that they will be coddled either. If it's good, I have no problem congratulating them. If it's not, they will still have to face up to hard reality.

Don't be mean to kids. I'm a kid, and I would be very upset if I received a review, like that one. He is obviously proud of his film, that’s why he put it on the site. Give him constructive criticism; tell him how to improve. Thank you.

Last edited by The Lizard King on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDarkKnightSN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that in my first post: Thank you for at least coming on here and facing YOUR critics. As said before most people dont do that.

But i still think that he did the right thing in submiting his film. I actually enjoyed it in a way. Yes it was a little slow but it was very original AND appropriate for his age. A lot of people complain about when kids try to pull of being Batman. They suggest doing something that can be pulled off at the kid's age. I think that this is a perfect example of something that can be pulled off while young. I gave the film a 3. No it wasnt amazing but it sure was creative and a nice early attempt at a film.

AKA: Desmoduse [on BOTB]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: