Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
for the review section

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: for the review section Reply with quote

is it possible to add a button to remove useless and just plain hurtful comments? or at least put a warning on the reviews so they could maybe be reviewed and deleted if you see fit.
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the review section should be kept, just like other review section I've seen (Internet Movie Database, etc).

You can never satisfy everyone, some people will like your stuff, others won't but if you are worrying about what they are saying, then you should consider getting another hobby instead of filmmaking.

Everyone is a critic, so never take anyone's opinion too seriously. In fact, most critics (movie critics) can't even make their film less and they would give one a better review than the other because of their personal taste.

Be glad that at least YOU made a film and be glad at least YOU have the ball to get it out there. And if your film makes more noise or receiving more festival routes than others, be VERY PROUD of it because you got further than MOST filmmakers or those who hate what you did. Smile

Of course, there are others who just plain jealous of your success. Smile

Be glad and proud of what you've produce, when it's done, it's done, go promote it, spread it and move on to a new project.

Johnny

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742

Last edited by mdifilm on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k i was just basing it on one commet i got that simply says

"this movie sucks"

i just dont think that makes a review.
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a lot of those, just ignore them Smile they won't make your film any better or worst, it's just his opinion what's good what's bad.

Just have a thick skin and laugh it off, either way, if somene post something like "this just sucks" wouldn't it also get you to want to check out the film for yourself to see 'how suckie' it is? hence, someone else is viewing it Smile He might like it too!

facebook.com/S4superman

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good point.

by the way i keep re watching the jokers card dvd you sent me and i have a couple of questions.

what program did you use to make the dvd menus?
and
Are you making a sequal?
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvd menu and authoring was made in 3 parts:

1. encoding the audio with 5.1 surround sound manually with sony vegas then encode it with besweet 5.1 ac3 file.

2. encoding the video with main concept mpeg encoder and my own settings (doing several test to make sure the result is good so when you project it to big screen, it still holds well)

3. putting it all into DVD Workshop 2.0 and burn

As for sequel, we are now working on a $200k budget feature of our own characters, actors are cast, and pre-production is already started, this feature is geared for world wide dvd distribution and we have some interest pre-sale agreement.

A Joker's Card got us a lot of attention (won a Telly - for best entertainment DVD, 2 festival awards, 2 pay-per-view distribution, played on tv, festivals, conventions, brought us some funders, etc), it even currently being taken to some film markets (cannes, HK, AFM) for distribution possibility. (Yes, it's a parody, so we can go that far, a reason why I shot it as it is in the first place - to maximize exposure).

More info on the cast can be found at www.mdifilm.com/rapture (one of the two main role is going to have a 15' long metal wing that shoots dagger - played by George Tutie, he got a ripped body, and the other character is going to be one with a 15' long metal/scorpion like tail that he floats using energy). Oh, a picture of George can be found here
www.mdifilm.com/rapture/george.jpg
he's playing Midael.

facebook.com/S4superman

ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool sounds great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: