Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIP Adam West (1928-2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: RIP Adam West (1928-2017) Reply with quote

I would like to offer my condolences regarding the passing of Adam West this past Friday. His 1966 series, which I saw from Day 1 (12 January 1966) was one of the inspirations for me to do my fan film work. He may not have been Michael Keaton or Christian Bale—and that's the point. He was and remains Adam West!

Any thoughts on this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there cats,I myself was going to post a topic on this,but I decided to wait and see if you were going to do it,so thanks for that.

Yes,I myself had an admiration for this great actor,I also saw him in a few other movies like the 3 stooges in the wild west,an episode of bewitched and a few other movies that I can't really recall.

I also found his portrayal of mayor adam west pretty funny even if it was in the most wacko and wicked way courtesy of Family Guy.

Yes,his batman might not have been the dark knight,but as they called him..he was the bright knight,and he played that part well,a truly iconic batman at that.

Take a bow Adam,here's to you buddy!
reptile84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like losing family. I heard this last week and was stunned.
He was my 'Batman' as far as I was concerned. I liked his deductive, low keyed, dry humor take on the character. After Mr. West- I never really cared for any actor playing Batman to be honest.
Although I like the 1990's animated series with Kevin Conroy voicing him.
He was the exception.
Sure the 1960's TV series was hokey, but between storyline, that Batmobile blazing across the highway, intense music, it was pretty cool to me.Evil or Very Mad

I remember Kat showing us a link on youtube(least I think it was him Shocked) a pre-TV take with Adam & Burt where there was no back ground music. I looked and that series could easily been done on a serious level like the Green Hornet if they went that route.

Thank you Adam West for bringing Batman to life on the TV screen and the movie was really Fun ( I remember watching it) larger than life.
You are part of America's film legend. See you in the Bat Cave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: