Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Superior Spider-Man--?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Superior Spider-Man--? Reply with quote

I haven't kept up with Spiderman and marvel comics as of late,but I can see they just keep up with another--whale and I do mean whale of a sales scheme which may or may not work this time.

At least what I read in Wikipedia in a recent spiderman storyline called Dying Wish marvel did what they did with the recent Ultimate Spiderman character and killed off peter parker and had one of his old arch enemies Doctor Octopus take over his body to become the new or should I say Superior Spiderman.

Doc Ock as the newest Spiderman? That's about as ridiculous as the joker becoming batman which I did see in a recent DC elseworlds story years ago.

Sheesh,I cannot wait till Peter himself returns to the webs.
And I thought the recent One more day storyline sounded ridiculous.
reptile84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read many new comic books. Thanks for the heads up...I'll avoid buying it.
...It's just punks these days writing garbage as far as I'm concerned. Especially Marvel Zombies, dumbest thing I ever saw....

I buy old school comic books off ebay or my local used book store....I collected boxes over the years...scary. Laughing
I guess it's a different day and age, however, I LIKE old school days when Heroes were friends of other heroes,most of the time, and Stan Lee, Jack Kirby were in command. I stopped buying around '93 after Marvels' Robocop series sort of ended and switched to Dark Horse comics. Independant comics are cool.
Deadpoolfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read it either as I'm more of a DC guy anyway, but my understanding is that Doc Ock is actually in Peter's body with all of Peter's memories and feelings and that he has been profoundly changed and is carrying on where Peter left off. It's a huge risk and since I haven't read any of it I can't say if it's paid off, but I actually do applaud them for REALLY trying something different with the character. I've actually been considering picking up the book for that sole reason.

Deadpool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: