Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Finally ... my fan series is starting ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Finally ... my fan series is starting ... Reply with quote

After countless delays due to one thing or another, my fan series Carrie's World is finally starting up. Work begins on 24-25 August in Toronto, where I hope to do casting. Production will begin there, and will also encompass Upstate New York (from Utica to Buffalo) and possibly Detroit.

The fan series, which revolves around the female Robin that Frank Miller created, will be done in a way similar to my fan film, Batman 1969. This will be set in the present era. The title role has been cast, as well as that of Batman and Dick Grayson, but we are looking for a film unit, as well as understudies for Carrie Kelley and for other actors in a variety of roles.

A combination of finances, as well as equipment, health and even weather issues (Hurricane Sandy), meant that this has taken a much longer time than it should have. But it is being moved on. Details to follow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
reptile84

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you are still into the Batman film making.
I wish I could join you, alas, August 25 -is too soon for me.

Sounds like it will be very hot, too. Shocked
But I am not familiar with Canada weather.
I hope your crew shows up and keeps the spirit of the project.

keep us updated on any special needs or crisis's.
I might be able to help via mail on my end.

I think you will break ground on 'Carrie' as I have never seen anyone else tackle that character.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much I want to explore with this series.

To date, no one else has tackled the character. True. But there is so much more planned. The 1966 Batman series is an influence, as are the different animated shows.

I have not abandoned the Batman fan films. One month after releasing Batman 1969, my job ended. While I am working, it is not 40 hours a week, which means my funds are not that great. However, I am managing, and hope to relocate to Western New York, or if possible, Toronto. I also have had health issues to deal with.

I was to begin this in 2012 in New York, but a number of factors killed this, not the least was Hurricane Sandy. And I still have people to work with in Toronto. Anyway, I will post notices for casting and film crew soon, and I will need a crew for both Toronto and Buffalo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JLA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted on here in awhile but I thought I'd post on here since I was involved in this series. I wrote the pilot episode a couple years back and I'm glad to hear that the series is still alive and well. So I'll be keeping my eye out for the pilot episode as well as all the other episodes. I look forward to see the stuff I typed on my keyboard and onto my computer come to life. Keep us posted Tim.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLA wrote:
I haven't posted on here in awhile but I thought I'd post on here since I was involved in this series. I wrote the pilot episode a couple years back and I'm glad to hear that the series is still alive and well. So I'll be keeping my eye out for the pilot episode as well as all the other episodes. I look forward to see the stuff I typed on my keyboard and onto my computer come to life. Keep us posted Tim.

I definitely will, JLA! In fact, it was your episode we were going to shoot first in New York, and we will start off with that in Toronto. As I said, I have had many challenges, but remain undeterred.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to start the fan series off with a "prequel" that delves into the world of Bruce Wayne. This will be shot probably within the next 2-3 weeks, in the Syracuse, NY area. All I would really need would be a camera person or two for this.

As I mentioned in another thread, I know how hard it can be to get casting done when one has a non-budget. But I will not be deterred by this, and hope to find some more actors soon.
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.....Good luck. Hope things keep rolling. Very Happy

meanwhile saw this.

http://news.yahoo.com/batkid-%E2%80%93-a-good-deed-gone-viral-165006958.html
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I am back to Square One when it comes to casting the lead role in Carrie's World. This was bound to happen, because she is a SAG performer who needs to be paid.

I will begin filming my Batman short this Saturday in Syracuse, NY. I'll be at a comic con in Liverpool from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., then I will do some shooting. I hope to get more of it done in the days ahead. Updates to follow.
reptile84

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, just Mapsquested it.
Didn't know there was a Liverpool, New York... I see it's up there, getting close to Canada.

Sorry to hear about your actress....There are always other people who would take a crack at it.
Too bad you aren't filming down here.
Lots of eclectic young women that would love to have something on their acting resume.
Keep your head up. Cool
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got filming done yesterday and today!!! I hope to have more news for you soon! Much of the filming was of me as Bruce Wayne, walking in downtown Syracuse, and it was rather cold. Not that it bothered my person, but I got concerned about the toll it took on my battery. Anyway, I got what I needed!!
TheTrickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent. I am excited to see your next project. What kind of camera are you filming on?
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon XA-10, which I purchased in early 2011.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tiny fan film is up!!! It is located at http://youtu.be/UVaFPkzOmOw.
Jixu2turivo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I really like the music you chose to go with the shots, which I think reflected the tone you were after well. I do think the ending may have benefited from more shots of people committing crimes - maybe someone stealing that woman's purse for one example, to better illustrate what Bruce is saying in the monologue, but it's cool that you're still working on this.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have, but the problem was that I had put out a casting call for the Syracuse area, and got NO ONE, not even for a crew. I basically filmed this all myself. It's a depressed area. Chances are my future work (employment and video) may have to be done in Massachusetts, not Upstate NY. Yeah, I know too well I could have used more people, but it just did not work out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: