Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Cast Movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillStudios999

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: World Cast Movie Reply with quote

Hey, BFF Family!

It's been literally years since I have posted on this forum; I hope all is well with you all--past and new members. It's great to see people still making fan films and original works!

I recently auditioned for an incredible and unique film project called World Cast Movie.

Casting decisions are influenced by online voting and it would mean the world to me if you all could take a moment and vote for my audition video, as well as many other talented artists for this great opportunity!

Here is the voting link:

http://worldcastmovie.com/Re6DLLMeKHw

Essentially, the synopsis is as follows:

Quote:
Twelve strangers take shelter in a basement during a solar storm, but soon conclude that surviving each other is more difficult than surviving outside. Think "Panic Room" meets "The Breakfast Club." Or "Das Boot" meets "Withnail & I."

For the actual production, all communications take place online. After the film is cast, the actors and actresses receive a camera, green screen, and proper lighting. The cast "gets together" for a table reading. They are directed in one-on-one sessions, and they send in the footage. The cast members keep the gear, while we edit the footage to make the movie look like everyone shot together in a real location.

I encourage you all to memorize a monologue and submit a video audition too because it's really a great project!

As for myself, I'm still making films, but mainly acting in them.

I will be pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting starting this fall at college and I plan on continuing this passion of mine that started way before the Superboy fan film days, even. (Past BFF members, you'll remember those.)

Thank you all so much and take care,
Will Phelps
reptile84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarre project, to audition in the comfort of your own residence.
Pretty different way to film...Depending on the story, I can see it work. Cool

Funny intro with the guy holding a bazooka. Story looks to me to be tongue in cheek. Watched John,Carmen, Frank, Traci, Cameron? Julian, lol. your part is very reminiscent of an agitated William Shatner. Nice to see various ages on the actors, too, instead of everyone all 20-something in many fan films. Rolling Eyes

To be honest, watching them recite, they all seem to be motivated actors. It's hard for me to vote on a favorite. Another thing is, I have no facebook account; I think it's a tool for the younger generation.

I agree with you though, it's a chance for people to demo off their speaking skills.

Thanks for posting and congrats on your continued pursuits in Film career. Good to hear about this. This site has been kind of dry. My opinion is I think youtube took over the audience. they have more bandwidth. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: