Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
hiring actors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtRockFAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: hiring actors? Reply with quote

if you're going to make a fan film, how would it cost to you favorite actor/actress to play in your film?

would you also hire a favorite celebrity?

like, for example, how did Justin Long get to play in Robin's Big Date?
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that film was done in hollywood by hollywood producers and actors. justin was probably already a friend of the director or the writer as well as sam rockwell. the same thing goes for the funny or die exclusives.
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Or, if you can contact your desired actor through their agent or friend of a friend (so usually not someone has popular as Justin Long or Sam Rockwell), and they liked your project, you could hire them through a SAG ultra low budget agreement which can be as low as $100 per day, or SAG new media agreement (meaning your film is only being made for online audiences) where your SAG actor could technically agree to do it for free, again, assuming they just really liked your project.

So, all that to say, if you are making a fan film, and especially if you are new to it, it would better suit you to learn what you're doing by using friends as actors, local theatre students, or unknowns who are trying to expand their reel, as opposed to paid Hollywood actors. Good luck either way!

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ArtRockFAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want how much it really cost to have a real celebrity to play in fan film?
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtRockFAN wrote:
i just want how much it really cost to have a real celebrity to play in fan film?

That will depend on the individual celebrity. Some may want thousands of dollars, while others may take, say, $100. I paid the latter amount for a performer who has appeared on the original version of The Twilight Zone for my own production.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ArtRockFAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for example, if i want Christina Ricci or Reese Witherspoon to play Harley Quinn and Scarlett Johanson or Angelina Jolie to play Catwoman, since neither one of them will appear in Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, how much would they each cost?
Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unless you have a orphan your gonna give to Angelina Jolie I don't really see anyone hitting the bank role they receive for a film...let alone a fan film?

http://majorpain.deviantart.com/

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/UltimateNinjaTurtles/index.php
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtRockFAN wrote:
for example, if i want Christina Ricci or Reese Witherspoon to play Harley Quinn and Scarlett Johanson or Angelina Jolie to play Catwoman, since neither one of them will appear in Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, how much would they each cost?

dude we've been over this a dozen times in PM, its not gonna happen. there is no way in hell an unknown person with no prior film experience and no budget is going to be able to score A list talent for a fan film. im sorry to rain on your parade, but you need to let go of this fantasy. these women are at the top of the box office in draws, name recognition and branding. to literally lower themselves to do a fan film for someone who isnt a staple in hollywood is really a poor career choice. i cannot explain this anymore clearly or politely.

get over it. you dont even have a budget for your fan film to begin with, what makes you think a celebrity is going to give you the time of day when theyre so heavily guarded by agents, managers, personal assistants etc?
The Lizard King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtRockFAN wrote:

Are you actually for real?
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I too thought you meant small time actors. If you wanted to cast stars in your film, as Chris said, you must know people, have experience, and have a lot of credibility. In other words, not be a first time fan film maker. Just no getting around that.

But if you really want to know how much those actresses get paid to do feature films, my guess would be upwards of $8 million.

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ArtRockFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lizard King wrote:
ArtRockFAN wrote:

Are you actually for real?

Nah! not really! Rolling Eyes

i was just only asking you fan directors that have ever you hired an celebrity to play in your fan films?

that's all!

those actresses above, i'm just only giving out examples! Wink
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no youre not. youve asked me multiple times what steps you had to take to get them in your movie, specifically christina ricci. dont try to cover it up. just admit what you wanted, understand the reality of the situation, and stop bringing it up.
whytera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: What are the good methods to make Wow Gold Reply with quote

f you're going to make a fan film, how would it cost to you favorite actor/actress to play in your film?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Help Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: