Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Batfilms at a standstill right now..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Batfilms at a standstill right now.. Reply with quote

Pardon me for asking and bringing this up,it's just that there seems to be no new Bat films here right now,and I was just wondering if anyone has anything new planned up for this or next month starring our favorite caped crusader and company?

I know Catfan still has his Batman 69 film lined up,and I am still anticipating some batfilms which I pray will be completed for us to feast our eyes upon(Like BATMAN PROLOGUE first off.)

And I know that life and all gets in the way and I know these things take time as such I understand plenty,I'm just really curious to know if anything really interesting is coming our way here,and I wish you all the best of luck with them,I look forward to your efforts,and I wish you all a merry xmas as well.

Last edited by Rac Shade on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ednashton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always Becoming Batman on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/becomingbatman
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prologue is supposed to be out in january i remember the creator saying it would be out then since its the anniversary of Batman 89
SmoothCriminal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads coming...just see the Batman: Fan films section of the forum, You'll see so many.
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just finished my film and put it up (Okay its been done for awhile, I just dread the whole putting it up part!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ObscureHorizon

http://majorpain.deviantart.com/

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/UltimateNinjaTurtles/index.php
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES its Slower then after Batman Begins came out. but thats cuz everyone and their mother wanted to use the Begins theme and make a Part 2....
cmoshier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Batman Fan Films Reply with quote

It seems a lot of the Batman Fan Films being made now are all leaning towards the Chris Nolan films and even more specifically the Heath Ledger Joker portrayal. Personally, I'd much rather see the current Batman Fan Films be more their own beast than trying to emulate the current Nolan trend. Check out Gotham Public Works. That is a group that is taking the Bat mythos and making into their own interpretation. Of course there are the Bat In the Sun films as well as Dead End. Beyond that I really can't think of a high quality Batman film that give justice to the Caped Crusader.
SmoothCriminal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Batman Fan Films Reply with quote

cmoshier wrote:
Of course there are the Bat In the Sun films as well as Dead End. Beyond that I really can't think of a high quality Batman film that give justice to the Caped Crusader.

Thats because those films came before Nolans.
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats mainly because the nolan films are whats popular now... so ofcourse everyone is gonna try and copy that, just like when the 3rd film comes out you can bet fan films will try to copy it too... thats just how it goes... Also if you notice the ones that do their own thing like bat in the sun that you mentioned spend alot more money on their films, while the nolan fan films usualy have little to no budget.. and that may not be a reason behind it, but its just my theory, the guys who spend more money seem to get more creative
cmoshier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Good points Reply with quote

You both have good points. I wouldn't really associate money with interpretation. If you're familiar with Chris Notarile and Blinky Production he always seems to bring a different slant on various characters and he is always on a shoe-string budget. But yeah. It's the flavor of the month or the year so a lot of people are going to draw from that. My point was I personally would like to see these individual film makers put their own slant on a character. That is the fun of he fan film to see each creators interpretations.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Batfilms at a standstill right now.. Reply with quote

Rac Shade wrote:
Pardon me for asking and bringing this up,it's just that there seems to be no new Bat films here right now,and I was just wondering if anyone has anything new planned up for this or next month starring our favorite caped crusader and company?

I know Catfan still has his Batman 69 film lined up,and I am still anticipating some batfilms which I pray will be completed for us to feast our eyes upon(Like BATMAN PROLOGUE first off.)

And I know that life and all gets in the way and I know these things take time as such I understand plenty,I'm just really curious to know if anything really interesting is coming our way here,and I wish you all the best of luck with them,I look forward to your efforts,and I wish you all a merry xmas as well.

I can state what is going on with my film. We are at a temporary standstill because of the weather. When we filmed on 6-7 December in Toronto and Hamilton, we already were facing some harsh conditions. And it is has only gotten worse two weeks later.

But we are moving ahead with completing Batman 1969, and then will work on Carrie's World and other projects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Batman Fan Films Reply with quote

cmoshier wrote:
It seems a lot of the Batman Fan Films being made now are all leaning towards the Chris Nolan films and even more specifically the Heath Ledger Joker portrayal. Personally, I'd much rather see the current Batman Fan Films be more their own beast than trying to emulate the current Nolan trend. Check out Gotham Public Works. That is a group that is taking the Bat mythos and making into their own interpretation. Of course there are the Bat In the Sun films as well as Dead End. Beyond that I really can't think of a high quality Batman film that give justice to the Caped Crusader.

Amen, brother!!

As much as I admire what Chris Nolan has done, there are those of us who have our own ideas of what we want for fan films. Some of this HAS to be done because of necessity, because of lack of money, uncooperative performers or performers' ages.

And then there are those of us who are older and clearly remember such things as the 1966 Batman series when it was first run. That has an influence on my work, just as Frank Miller does. And as much as I think Heath Ledger should get a posthumous Oscar for his work, I do not want his clone as my Joker; I would rather see a Cesar Romero or Batman: The Animated Series version instead. OR, for that matter, a female Joker (a la Thrillkiller)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cmoshier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Female Joker Reply with quote

A female Joker. Now that would be interesting.
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Female Joker Reply with quote

cmoshier wrote:
A female Joker. Now that would be interesting.

agree
Yoda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told there is something on the horizon.... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: