Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Batman Fan Film Awards
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanfilmlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Batman Fan Film Awards Reply with quote

We could tally up the amount of films/trailers/teasers/scripts and have our own awards.
We could all pitch in $25 or so and the winnings could go towards a new camera for the winners next project or editing software, or something of the fact.
I'd love to help put it together, but I'm no web designer so help would have to come from all over.
What do you guys think?
If we could raise a couple grand for the winners, and try to make it a yearly thing, then we might inspire more people to make fan films and prove to the world that fan films are a force to be reckoned with.
Dustin
Black Mask

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay man, that is a great idea! But someone would have to organize it. And if we're all donating money for it, well how do we know where the money is actually going? You;d need someone trustworthy to handle all of that. It would have to be pretty official. And how would the winner be decided? Viewer votes? How would you stop people from voting more than once? What's the submission time period? There is a lot of details you need to think about and it has to be very orginized. We should put together some sort of committee to handle it all. And it would have to be okay with the site admin assuming it would be hosted on this site. Also what's to stop the "BIG NAME" film makers who already have eperience with indie films and commercials from entering? It's not fair cuz they'd clearly win.
fanfilmlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great ideas...I only wanted to throw the idea out there.
I'm sure we could work out a system of keeping things fair.
I wouldn't know how to run it personally.
As for the funds gathered, I was doing some brainstorming. I work as a correctional officer at a jail in Ontario, and we have a fundraising committee. One of my partners runs that committee, and she is great with talking with business to donate stuff...our next fundraiser is a raffle of a HDD camcorder and a big screen TV...completely donated. We might be able to get some donations from Final Draft/Movie Magic Screewriter, perhaps even from Sony or Canon to donate a camera for best picture...the worst they can say is 'no'.
I think when it comes down to Big Names, we can break it down...they have to post a resume of their work, stating they have so much/little experience...have the best screenplay, stunts, fight choreography, costume...stuff like that...
I'm sure we could get donations from Rubies Costumes, talk to some ebay sellers to donate swords or other props....
Let's get some ideas going, and go from there....the more things donated for prizes, the less money needed from people, 'cause I know there are quite a bit of members under 18 here, and they can't donate as easily without a credit card.
In the end, we could broadcast live for the 'ceremony' via webcast.

Yes, it'll take some heavy organization, and I'm willing to host it on my site when it's up. What do you think?

Dustin
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea but money has a prize might not be such a good idea, but if people really want to do so then thats cool. But we could just make banners that say winner of and such.

My only question is, is there going to be categories like best fight scene, best batman, best villian and so on or is it just going to be just one?

http://majorpain.deviantart.com/

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/UltimateNinjaTurtles/index.php
Aerial Prince of Gotham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea completely.

It will make what everyone does here that much meaningful.

I like the idea of having banners stating what category an individual wins in. And we would have to break down the categories as well. Would we have only major categories or break em down in every category.

For example:

- Best Fan Film
- Best Teaser
- Best Trailer
- Best Actor/Actress
- Best Supporting Actor/Actress
- Best Music
- Best Costume/Make up

That is a basic idea .. should we add more categories to that?

I guess I'm not a fan of money being given as a prize either. Just to much could happen.

comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we tried to do this b4, but nothing came out of it, we could never agree lol
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an online plaque would be a nice prize, perhaps an honorable mention on the home page?
Aerial Prince of Gotham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we agree on certain categories and then start a poll and then give a certain time for when categories can be voted on. That way we have a time limit on voting and with each vote you should have to cast why you voted on that person.
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comicbookgeek wrote:
I think we tried to do this b4, but nothing came out of it, we could never agree lol

We've tried it like, 5 times.

http://vimeo.com/stevenshanahan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aerial Prince of Gotham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do this with the right positive attitudes.

I like the direction that Chris has stated.

Maybe if everyone feels the same way about how this has been tried in the past, but has fallen through, then let's keep it simple and only vote on a couple categories then.

- Best Fan Film

- Best Actor/Actress

This way it's kept simple and we have more than enough talented people on this site to put together a banner for the winner.

Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to toot my own horn, but best actress niki notarile.
Aerial Prince of Gotham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have a couple of actresses from your films that in my opinion and eyes that should be nominated. Powergirl and Catwoman.

We have a lot of talented people here that know how to use photoshop and could put banners or awards together so that should be no problem. I guess just finding the time would be one obstacle or hurdle to get over. If I knew how to use photoshop then I'd be on it.

Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if we're not limiting the votes to batman related movies, then yeah.

i nominate for blinky productions, Niki Notarile for Catwoman, Tawnya Manion Power Girl, Bryan Bockbrader for Joker and Brandon Slagle for Charlie in the Shadow.
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like whats been said so far but the way I've done it on other boards in the past was actually pretty simple and there where alot of catagories to choice from so that way every one had a wider variety to choice from.

Some that I would like to see
Most hyped fan film
Most orginal Fan Film
Fan film with best fights
Fan film with best story

those are just a few but after every one knew the catogories then people started to noiminate people through PM's or by just posting in a certain thread, then a select few would take all those and have people vote on them after a certain amount of time had passed.

Its quite effective and very fun for every one and gives more people a chance of wining something so not every one feels left out.

Plus we still need to choice on weather this is open to just batman film and if so is it only those that have appeared on this site or those that just came out?

http://majorpain.deviantart.com/

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/UltimateNinjaTurtles/index.php
tmbrtn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have tried this many times before. I have been a member for 3 years or so and this was an idea before I came along.

I tried getting the idea across that films should be broken down into budget categories. Like "Best Film Over $2,000" or "Under $500". Something like that. Because if we had all films were considered, I could basically tell you who would win right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BatmanFanFilms.com All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: