Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
where has all the hype on this site gone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: where has all the hype on this site gone? Reply with quote

i remember the days (not too long ago) were this board was crazy with hype with such films like batman formulas, batman brutality/duality, especial batman year one....but now its like we have no BATMAN films to look forward too. were has all the hype gone!? we have only had batman beyond trailers in the past 2-3 weeks. anyone feel that this site is losing the hype that made it so interesting (to me anyways)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh i know what u are saying :/

but what can u expect? i mean people just aren't taping or don't have time to
Hunterpayne21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

Batman Vs Nightwing: A Fallen Hero is a big film coming out, thats why is having so much problems with it. But once it's out i know it'll be worth it as i know it'll be worth it for you guys, the true fans of Batman and the comics. Batman Vs Nightwing is all over this forum and all around the internet, if thats not hype then i don't know what is.

LMAO!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gothic Riddler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman Unforgivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batman Beyond Chaos Rising!!!!!!!!

and a project comming soon if someone bothered to check my site Wink

http://www.freewebs.com/scottjalexander/
Omar33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but BBCR hasnt even begun filming yet and neither did batman vs. nightwing (i think)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WillStudios999

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to wrap up Superboy III over winter break and expect a theatrical trailer in that time period.

~William Phelps~
COMICFILMEXPERT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are off working on the projects now. When they come back, it'll be hype once again.

CFE

Winner: Best Screenplay - 2006 Plano Senior High School Film Festival
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will, a theatrical trailer means you will be showing it in theaters. are you showing your movie in theaters? if not, its just a regular trailer.
Hunterpayne21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have begun filming but in the middle of filming something happend that we had to post poned the film, but we will continue shooting in Febuary, so expect the teaser trailer in by the the end of March 2007.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chris .R. Notarile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill tell you what happened, you broke my camera. thats what happened. stop beating around the bush and own up to what you did. and while youre at it, why dont you do the right thing and repair it?
Jixu2turivo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm just not the type to hype a film too much, but anyway I'll have something coming out December 12. I'm not going to submit it to BFF as a film though, just as an update to my movie thread.

Anyway, it'll be an early cut of Dark Nights "Death" which will feature mostly the scenes from the movie which I've finished, but also some stuff I won't be using for the final cut to give it a different kind of direction.

And for those of you that don't know, Dark Nights is an animated film about Dick Grayson. Part One (Birth) has been available here for some time and I'm working on Part Two "Death."
iateyourmom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking forward to dismisal future and prolouge the most, i love the proffesional looking fan films the best Smile
Zintak Productions

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman: Knightmare

- it should be done by the end of january!

www.freewebs.com/lukez1128
www.myspace.com/batmanknightmare
Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my two cents. As you can tell from my join date I have been a member of this site since the beginning, at the start of the batman fanfilm era, and I think the era of hype is really over, because some people have hyped projects and not delivered anything. When this site first was constructed, many of the projects on it that weren't already completed were hyped to no end, most of them never seeing the light of day. Now instead of hyping a project before pre-production, they'll promote only post release (or really really really close to release).

Hype can help a project, certainly in the publicity standpoint of it and in getting actors, people, etc. But there's always the danger the project doesn't come to fruition, or becomes changed. Then all the hype you created for the project is dead, and you have a lot of people angry at you. So you have the smoke but you also have the fire as Peter Guber said. Clout is important for a filmmaker, and if you lose the public trust, you lose the trust of would be investors, actors, distributers. Because if you hype and don't deliver, you become a joke.

It's what I call the Duke Nukem Forever rule.

-Maniac
Before I was ever Oracle, I had another name, another identity, another...self. I used to work with a man, Helena's father. He was Gotham's greatest champion...and most people never even knew he existed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BiohazardXBW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's what I call the Duke Nukem Forever rule.

lol that does come to mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: