Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making a batfilm of your own...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Making a batfilm of your own... Reply with quote

Hey there again fellow bat-fans,it's been awhile since I posted anything new here for anything of a batman related nature. But this question has been pondering my mind and one to a question of anyone here still planning on making a batfilm of they're own if they were able to and got around to it.

If and I do mean if I was able to create a batfilm of my very own

(And I can't at this point for a number of reasons,money and equipment,besides I enjoy making comics and fanfics more anyways.)
I would make one of an adaption of the black mask story arc and character of Black Mask,a sort of rise and fall of the character,base it entirely on the comics with elements from the recent Nolan films and/or maybe the first ever burton batman film as well.

I would also would love to have someone make a film adaption of my recent Batman VS Lupin III script that I submitted here years ago as well. Thankfully,I still have the script and am planning on making a clear cut comic style adaption of the script when I get a chance.

My question now to any of you here,if you made a batman fan film how exactly would you make it and how would you go about it in everything? That's what i'm curious about.

One last question though concerning this site,do you think anyone else will ever actually submit a brand new batman fan film here someday? I mean,it's been forever here man.
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember your Batman/Lupin crossover idea. I think it would be interesting. Still laughing at those Lupin Fan films on youtube..

I don't really have any ideas of my own about a Batman film.
Personally, I would like to see a retro 1939 style Batman film. I'm impressed with the comic book origins of Batman. He used a gun on a vampire, had a bat-gyrocopter and no Batmobile. He drove just an average sedan.

I'm no director or cameraman, so these things are only pipe dreams on my part. "Bat in the Sun" productions is my Fan film maker of Batman. I think he 'gets it'...I watch and feel I actually seen a Batman film, not a overblown Hollywood toy marketing film.
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Reptile,yeah I was also meaning to ask you this particular batfilm question and thanks for replying to it. I understand what you meant there by your answer,but it was just a sort of theoretical question to some people I know here.

And you're right about Bat in the sun,they do a damn fine job at batman and his like,and have been doing so since day 1,no doubt about it.

As for Lupin films,well...let me know if you seen any of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3KqEkcpC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ40tjMndZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmI27JN1Oqg

Lupin must be pretty popular in Italy,because I've mostly found Lupin III fanfilms made by them,amazing!
reptile84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen 2 of those....
I think I remember Spadoni Productions. Very Happy
I went ahead and marked, "watch later" on those other youtube
Lupin Fan films....kind of fighting off a head cold Today.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what it is to go through making a Bat film. It took me 3 years and working in two countries (Canada and the US).

If there is one thing I would advise, it's not trying to shoot for the moon, especially on your first try. I did, and it caused some issues. Still, I managed.

My overriding advice: Use as much originality as you can. It spares you problems from DC Comics, and it can mean you can get interesting results. And when writing, don't be afraid to use your own personal experiences. I know what it was to lose family members/loved ones, as I lost a grandmother to murder in 1973 and my wife to a heart attack 24 years to the day, in 1997.

As for making a new film, I have been focused on getting my fan series underway. I am interested in standalone productions as well, and once my financial situation improves, hope to get something out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ObserveCreativeSoul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tips for a lot of beginning filmmakers and potential fans of the Batman lore in this thread. I took everything what was stated here into consideration when I was making my recent Joker project (it's an animated special that involves a lot of magic and great performances). I must say, I don't think it would've worked that well in live action, there is something about the fluidity of animation and the timing that makes it really stand out. I shall make a separate thread about my new Joker short animated film and let you guys see it, because I am really proud of how it all came together and want for all the Bat-fans to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: