Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
where has all the hype on this site gone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Techno Bat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always a calm before the storm Smile
\CloWn PrInCe/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: where has all the hype on this site gone? Reply with quote

masteroms33 wrote:
i remember the days (not too long ago) were this board was crazy with hype with such films like batman formulas, batman brutality/duality, especial batman year one....but now its like we have no BATMAN films to look forward too. were has all the hype gone!? we have only had batman beyond trailers in the past 2-3 weeks. anyone feel that this site is losing the hype that made it so interesting (to me anyways)?

4 months ago actually, ahh the summer holidays just yet another month where i accomplish nothing =) Miss those days but just as i was getting into them i have to go back to school grr this stupid country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GiZ29l8WA
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am busy at work on preproduction on Batman 1969. I plan to launch a Web site for the fan film soon, and plan to seek additional casting. I need to cast Inspector Lewis Erskine, FBI Assistant Director Arthur Ward, Robin/Dick Greyson, Commissioner Gordon, Scarecrow and some other roles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sonofaknight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...ill admit i hyped a few films i never got too do...always had most of my costumes or close to enough done (Spiderman suit (done) Robin(partially) Batman(hey i got a mask)...eh...never could get all actors i needed tho...had a few willing... around here for ppl to wana do a film....so i just dropped it for now...probably wont ever pick it back up....all my money lately has just went on re-storing my car so yeah...i look at how i hyped my threads before..its silly i guess...just incase anyones wondering though heres a few of the films i had inmind

Batman-A new knight in the dark

Spider-man-Dear Gwen

Robin - Drug Abuse

....those were my main hypes...ida loved to have done'em but eh

Thomas
comicbookgeek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bit of good news, BBCR starts filming the first day of winter break! We're hoping to get all filming done over the 3 weeks of break.
The Director

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. It might interest the community to know that there is something new on the horizon. I am the writer and director of an up-and-coming live action series of webisodes that will be making its debut next year. It will be very episodic in nature, with each chapter connecting with the others as one continuous epic (a reflection of the comic books).

The script for the first chapter, which is essentially an origin story, has gone through a number of drafts, and last month, I was able to produce a shooting script. At this point, I'm gathering all of my resources together and looking forward to casting.

I'm looking to turn ink and paper into flesh and blood with a very high quality series, complete with veteran actors, spectacular locations, and finely detailed costumes and gadgets. Of course, the most critical aspect is the story, and I've worked very hard to fabricate a very real, very emotional world. I want to entertain you, but at the same time I want to make you believe in Batman.
AL-AX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i make any big films, Im not hyping them too much until Im done. A surprise attack is nice.
The Director

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AL-AX wrote:
If i make any big films, Im not hyping them too much until Im done. A surprise attack is nice.

I agree. If Sandy Collora's Dead End or John Fiorella's Grayson trailer had been hyped, I think fans would have expected too much and it would have been impossible to meet expectations. When Collora made his follow-up to Dead End with World's Finest, word got out, and I don't think it went over as well as his first piece.

I don't have a problem with wetting fans' apetites now and then, but to build and build upon hype over a project that isn't very far along is generally a bad idea.
Dick killed Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be honest here? The fan film thing might be losing a little steam... ESPECIALLY in the Batman department. We all know that it's been mentioned a dozen times now how we're all sorta tired of watching 15 year olds in Batman costumes using their basement as the batcave, but it's still true. This site definitely serves a purpose and cool topics still pop up or I wouldn't keep checking the forums... but it's more a meeting place for a bunch of friends (all of you guys seem to be a tight group). The fact is, while that's great... a lot of really bad FILMS (fan film or not, they are still films and should be entertaining to watch) are being hailed as great and overhyped. They might be awesome for the batman fans who just want to see Batman, but for the average film fan the first time they stop to check the films here at BFF.com may very well be the last time. It can leave a very bad taste in your mouth if you watch 6 shorts in a row with sound that can't be understood and people in awful costumes with awful acting. I'm not saying you guys should change a thing about the site... you all seem to love what you're doign so keep on doing it. I'm just saying that the novelty of hearing "Somebody made their own Batman film" wears off after you've seen 500 of them and they are all relatively the same thing.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Director wrote:
AL-AX wrote:

I agree. If Sandy Collora's Dead End or John Fiorella's Grayson trailer had been hyped, I think fans would have expected too much and it would have been impossible to meet expectations. When Collora made his follow-up to Dead End with World's Finest, word got out, and I don't think it went over as well as his first piece.

I don't have a problem with wetting fans' apetites now and then, but to build and build upon hype over a project that isn't very far along is generally a bad idea.

I agree. There are many, many things I will not discuss about my project, because there are plenty of surprises planned. Besides, if there is something you're hoping for, and it falls through, then you're better keeping THAT to yourself, so no one is disappointed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick killed Bruce wrote:
Can I be honest here? The fan film thing might be losing a little steam... ESPECIALLY in the Batman department. We all know that it's been mentioned a dozen times now how we're all sorta tired of watching 15 year olds in Batman costumes using their basement as the batcave, but it's still true. This site definitely serves a purpose and cool topics still pop up or I wouldn't keep checking the forums... but it's more a meeting place for a bunch of friends (all of you guys seem to be a tight group). The fact is, while that's great... a lot of really bad FILMS (fan film or not, they are still films and should be entertaining to watch) are being hailed as great and overhyped. They might be awesome for the batman fans who just want to see Batman, but for the average film fan the first time they stop to check the films here at BFF.com may very well be the last time. It can leave a very bad taste in your mouth if you watch 6 shorts in a row with sound that can't be understood and people in awful costumes with awful acting. I'm not saying you guys should change a thing about the site... you all seem to love what you're doign so keep on doing it. I'm just saying that the novelty of hearing "Somebody made their own Batman film" wears off after you've seen 500 of them and they are all relatively the same thing.

There may be bad films being made out there. However, there are those of us who are intending to make films that DO stand out. The best of the fan films are those that manage to do something unusual, or just tell a story really well.

No, I think there is a demand for good, independent film. Just ask the Star Trek fans out there!
Omar33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i happen to think 75% of the films on here are worthy of ATLEAST 3 stars...the other 15% are not very good tho but thats still good numbers
Waveride

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this forum!
reptile84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick killed Bruce wrote:
Can I be honest here? The fan film thing might be losing a little steam... ESPECIALLY in the Batman department.

that was said, 2006. Rolling Eyes

Since then I've seen a ton of Batman fan films. Including the latest, Batman VS Terminator...
and Jay Leno test driving the Tumbler.

nah, Batman is as relevant as ever....excuse, me but I have to go,
watching this youtube video of 'How to make your own Batman mask.' Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Fan Films All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: