Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Member, Plus a Little Something Extra...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JokerMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: New Member, Plus a Little Something Extra... Reply with quote

Hi, everybody - I've been a lurker in the shadows for so long, and after so long debating over it, I've joined!

I'm going to say right now that I have no experience whatever in Batman-related film making (I'm currently in the middle of creating a Sherlock film based of "The Final Problem", with myself playing James Moriarty, but that's nothing compared to the complexities of creating a Batman fan film that works). But I would love to be a part of it.

That's why I am open to taking an acting role for anyone based on one character only - Edward Nigma (or Nygma, I'm not fussed Smile ). Here's why I'm accepting only the Riddler...

Most people who create fan films (most of them in this very forum) are based in the US, while I currently live in the UK. I understand that the Riddler is based in Gotham City, but in recent interpretations, he has a habit of hiding behind computers and a still image of himself (as interpreted in the video games Arkham Asylum and Arkham Origins. I cannot move to the US due to money and time, but I can offer the same service as the Riddler from these interpretations. Basically, I can only provide a voice, and if need be, a still image of myself in shadow. I do have a costume ready for when I'm able to make a physical debut, but for the time being, I can only offer this service.

Anyone interested in taking me on? PM me, I'm open to everything.

But first, riddle me this: who's afraid of the big bad Bat? Question Question Question
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen several Batman films produced in the U.K.
And a couple from France, Germany and Ireland.

Exeter had a character (some Andorian fanboy whom is big over there) do his part from Australia in 1998 via some kind of Skype, video teleconferencing technique.

It has improved since then I'm sure, so I don't see why
anyone couldn't involve you from over seas.
I like the Riddler better than the Joker. Good choice. He makes Batman do more computing in the cave than Joker trying to solve clues.
JokerMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reptile84 wrote:

Exeter had a character (some Andorian fanboy whom is big over there) do his part from Australia in 1998 via some kind of Skype, video teleconferencing technique.

That is almost exactly the service I am offering currently. Once I have improved my conditions (time, money, figure), then I may be able to make a physical debut.

One thing I must point out - I envisioned the Riddler to be a young lad, no more than 20-25 - being as arrogant as he is intelligent. Being 19, I am perfectly happy to do this.
Jixu2turivo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JokerMan. I'd like to mirror what reptile84's already said and encourage you to keep an open mind about being able to film in your own area. Sometimes there are more local fans than you think, but on another note, if you were offering your voice, someone like myself - that focuses on animation - could use a voice for all kinds of characters, so I don't think you should necessarily limit yourself to the one (though, right now, I'm not doing much animation wise). Nothing against the Riddler though.

By all means share your non-Batman related film work too. And welcome
JokerMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jixu2turivo wrote:
Hey JokerMan. I'd like to mirror what reptile84's already said and encourage you to keep an open mind about being able to film in your own area. Sometimes there are more local fans than you think, but on another note, if you were offering your voice, someone like myself - that focuses on animation - could use a voice for all kinds of characters, so I don't think you should necessarily limit yourself to the one (though, right now, I'm not doing much animation wise). Nothing against the Riddler though.

By all means share your non-Batman related film work too. And welcome

Thanks for the input, and thanks also for the welcome Very Happy

I can provide my voice for animation purposes as well (knew I forgot to mention something). I feel I can only do a Riddler-esque voice, but I am open to other characters if people would like.
TheTrickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Dude...! Reply with quote

Batman is a classic heritage status hero but...... Sherlock Holmes is without a doubt, histories greatest detective.

I have always wanted to see Robin Travel back in time some zany teen titans reason, approach Holmes and have it instantly deduced that he was a traveler from another time.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Jeremy Brett will always be Holmes for me but I am very excited to see what your production. I hope you will post it to this thread.
JokerMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dude...! Reply with quote

TheTrickster wrote:
Batman is a classic heritage status hero but...... Sherlock Holmes is without a doubt, histories greatest detective.

I have always wanted to see Robin Travel back in time some zany teen titans reason, approach Holmes and have it instantly deduced that he was a traveler from another time.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Jeremy Brett will always be Holmes for me but I am very excited to see what your production. I hope you will post it to this thread.

Thank you very much Smile

Yes, Jeremy Brett will always be my Sherlock Holmes for me as well. In fact, some of the short film being produced is influenced by his series, even having some of Patrick Gower's music in the fight between Holmes and Moriarty Very Happy
JokerMan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several months of inactivity, I can confirm that I am still open to offers. I understand that people may be sceptical, since I have not uploaded anything to display my acting skills. I fully intend to do a demo reel of myself as the Riddler very soon Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Help Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: