Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened? Documentar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened? Documentar Reply with quote

Link to Kickstarter project:
Link: (click here)

From Jon Schnepp (Creator of the documentary):

"The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened? is a Feature Length Documentary about the unmade movie "Superman Lives". This film, out of all the various attempts to make a Superman movie between 1987 and 2006, would have stood the test of time and become a bonafide Cult Classic nowadays. I am not alone with my intense interest in knowing everything I can about this project, and so now I'm embarking on making a Documentary that will cover everything ever made for this film, from interviewing as many people as I can who were involved, to including actually recreating scenes from the script!!!"

~BatBoy13

http://www.youtube.com/MinddKidzag

Last edited by BatBoy13 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything about this movie sounded awful.
Didn't the dismal 'Batman and Robin' teach Hollywood a lesson that we Fans don't want movies that look like a circus act?

Nicholas cage?.....I'm sure he's a big Fan but........lets be real. 'Confused'

The re-envisioned Brainiac sounded like the only redeeming idea of that whole project.

I'm sure there are Fans that agree with you and would be excited about this movie; personally, I am glad Superman dodged this 'Bullet'......
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New behind the scenes look of Nicolas Cage as Superman from Superman Lives.

Click for larger image.
Click Here to View Full Sized Image

~BatBoy13

Rac Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds pretty intriguing,I hope this documentary gets made.

I remember when I first read about Cage almost getting to portray Superman,a real shame it never got off the ground,but he looks pretty cool in that Supes costume in those pics.

Last edited by Rac Shade on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BatBoy13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rac Shade wrote:
This sounds pretty intriguing,I wish you the best of luck with this project Batboy,it sounds and looks pretty sweet.

I remember when I first read about Cage almost getting to portray Superman,a real shame it never got off the ground,but he looks pretty cool in that Supes costume in those pics.

OH! I'm not the one making the project, Rac. Laughing I'm just sharing the link of the documentary project.

~BatBoy13

BatBoy13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERMAN LIVES Concept Art: Superman Vs. "The Giant Spider" aka Thanagarian Snare Beast

From Comicbookmovie.com
"By now everyone should know the story of Kevin Smith and Superman Lives. For a brief recap, Hollywood producer, Jon Peters, asked Kevin Smith in 1997 to write the script for a new Superman movie. At this time the "Death of Superman" comic storyline was still the talk of the town, and Peters wanted the story to be along those lines. The gist of Kevin Smith's script, is that Brainiac comes to Earth, works with Lex Luthor to block out the sun, and unleashes Doomsday. Without the sun, Superman becomes weaker, and is killed by Doomsday. After his death a Kryptonian robot-like creature, Eradicator, comes to life, and takes Superman's body. Kal-El is resuscitated, but no longer has any of his powers.

Now, the reason why everyone should know of the Kevin Smith/Superman saga, is that he was asked by Jon Peters to add a giant spider to the story as an homage to his childhood love of King Kong. That has always made Superman fans flinch, because it's a terrible, terrible idea. But, Smith wanted the gig and he incorporated the foolish idea into the script as best he could. Below you will find images and an excerpt of the script detailing Superman's battle against a giant spider (Brainiac).
"

~BatBoy13

Rac Shade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out at the kickstarter page for Jon's Superman lives documentary that he has at last reached the funding goal,which is good news i'm sure.

I for one look forward to what he's going to create in terms of a documentary and all,it still looks and sounds exciting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: