Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to get Permission from DC Comics?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtRockFAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: How to get Permission from DC Comics? Reply with quote

how do you obtain permission from DC in order to film Batman fan film or any other DC-related films?
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure all Fan film creators do....
I think if it's non-profit, nothing is sold, no movie sound tracts are used and original credit is given to creator Bob Kane, --no one really hears anything from DC.

Marvel on the other hand will remove youtube postings if they deem it copyright infringement even though no profit is generated.

Star Wars and Dr Who Fans I believe, can register at respective websites to be granted permission to list their film creation(s). Because credit is auto given to their property owners and it's further advertisement for the original owners if you think about it.
cmoshier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Keep it Hush Reply with quote

As reptile84 indicated as long as you're not making money off it DC will leave you alone. The only time they "bat" and eye is if your project is really ambitious. And it doesn't hurt to keep things close to your belt until your film is completed. No one is going to know what you did until it is released to the masses and at that point it's to late.

Marvel does have issues with Fan Films. Not all. They seem to have a habit of picking and choosing. I don't get Marvel. They have been a little better over the years towards the fan film, but for some reason they still have things taken down.

BUT! There's so many outlets these days beyond YouTube that a film will live forever online.
TheTrickster

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

Does that apply to the whole DC universe or just Batman.
reptile84

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are fan films of other D.C. characters.
I seen Dr. Fate, several Superman films, The Question, (he seems to be getting popular)
some others I forgot..Check out fan films here, -recent films first. Lots have facebook accounts you can contact them there and ask what they did. I like Bat in the Sun productions .

Like I said, the worstRolling Eyes I seen happen to a Batman Fan film is the audio removed by youtube. that is, if they used any soundtrack from Nolan films.. As long as you aren't selling anything-- D.C. will leave you alone. Cool
TheTrickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Cool.

Thanks for the meticulous answer.

Is there any section of this site for other DC fan films?
reptile84

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty much Batman related stuff...

I sometimes see other Fan films in the forums, (whenever a film producer has some creation to show) they usually have a link to take you to youtube, Vimeo, Google videos, or their own website. etc.
...whatever method they used to post their fan film.
Sadly, youtube has more Batman films than here. However, I guess they have more bandwidth being the 500 lb. gorilla they are. Rolling Eyes
TheTrickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I am actually working on an Batman FF right now. In the mean time,
where is the most appropriate part of this site to post a link to my Flash fan made trailer?

Here it is if you are interested http://youtu.be/RtQSqc7ahEQ[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Help Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: