Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S: A Superman Fan Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judge Rico

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very late to the party but just wanted to congratulate you on a great little short Johnny. Loved the CGI comic book look and enjoyed that you took some risks with the storyline (read: ending).

Thought the actors did a pretty decent job. Particularly enjoyed George Tutie as Superman. Always thought he looked a lot like Tom Welling when I watched The Rapture.

Only thing I would have changed was to make the home scenes with Lois and Clark CGI too. I know it would have added extra work but it would have kept a little more of a consistent feel for the film as a whole.

Anyway, the wire work/green screen fights were great and something that's never really been shown in any of the Superman films (fan film or professional). You got really creative with characters getting thrown threw building and tossed hundreds of feet in the air. Hopefully Synder will get some of this going in Man of Steel.

Liked the dialogue too. The bit where Lex says something about being the only supervillain to be referred to by his first name made me chuckle.

Anyway good job and look forward to your future projects.
ChristonaBike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree, i love this fanfilm and have watched it like 15 times now and not just cos my name is in the end credits LOL
mdifilm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Rico, it's been a while! Send me a pvt with your address so I can get you a DVD or bluray.

Thanks for the comments. We did thought of those scenes on cg but decided to go with the easy route lol the short film is kinda also inspired from the cartoon Superman Apocalypse (especially the fight sequence between Superman/Supergirl vs Doomsday).

Chrisonabike: 15 times???? You will be wearing off the DVD.

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mdifilm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My short film S: A Superman Fan Film just got accepted to show at the Fargo Fantastic Film Festival 10! The 10th festival/convention it has been shown.

The Fargo Fantastic Film Festival is part of the ValleyCon 38 from October 19-21 at Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead, MN

Www.facebook.com/s4superman

facebook.com/S4superman

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mdifilm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. More festivals, more awards... Now:

Congratulations to ERay Goodwin Jr for winning the Best Supporting Actor in the award winning S: A Superman Fan Film at the 2013 Superman Celebration Convention this past weekend in NYC!!!

facebook.com/S4superman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: