Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Steampunk comic i'm involved in,WIP.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Steampunk comic i'm involved in,WIP. Reply with quote

I was going to post this when it was completed,but I figuered give anyone I know here a taste of what to expect.

After soul searching for comic book artist jobs at DW,and being a minor success at least a few of them,I have at last found and become involved with a new online comic book by one Matt Kelly called Annabelle Avery Steampunk girl.

Here's the link.
http://www.annabelleavery.com/

It's described as a mix between the rocketeer and Indian Jones,and yeah it shows so far,but kind of reminds me of alan Moore's the league of extraordinary Gentlemen because it's set in the 1800s london so to speak,heh.

My being involved so far was illustrating what is described as pages 4.5 and a bonus page and pinup or two,but as you will see it's not going to be published online there for awhile since this comic was also a team effort,but at least my bio pic is up on the artists site along with two others,you'll find it under the name Aaron Thacker,(which is of course my real name in life,heh. But hey,you can know me as Shade on here of course.)

Anyways,the prologue along with Ch.1 is up and ch.2 will be up this coming friday so keep your eyes peeled,and once my pages are up,i'll show them to you as well.

This comic is also for anyone who might be interested in that steampunk fad as of late.

Just wanted to share what i've been trying to do to get into comics,even if it's online. But man,y'know,i'd really love to get something published,but ah well take what you can get right?
Rac Shade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time waiting and what waiting it has been,but here at last are the pages I produced and collaborated with matt Kelly.

And here they are,but stay tuned,there will be also be one final bonus page as well after the remaining chapters are done.

Link: (click here)

Also,there will be published copies of this to order when it's all completed if anyone's interested in snagging a personal copy.
reptile84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh....Colored panels. Many independant comics start in black & white. Looks easy to pour through. Story is interesting so far. A world where 'Electricity' is outlawed. Yes, Thomas Edison tried to do that with A.C. power to thwart Tesla's endeavors so Edison's D.C. would remain the dominant standard. Also, the barter system, is noteworthy. A system especially used during the The Great Depression' in America when few people had any money. Good point to put into your story....Haven't seen the Steampunk girl yet in chap.4.5...maybe I need to see a different chapter.

Glad these pages are posted at least. Keep up the effort. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: