Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adaptations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MooseEatFilm

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Adaptations Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new to fan films and I was wondering what the general consensus was on adapting comic books into a short film. Does it happen a lot? Is there a preference for original stories over adaptations? Or do people just not care so long as it's a good film?

I ask because I've been planning for some time to adapt a small part of a Batman comic and was wondering how often straight adaptations happen.
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it happens here and there. I don't see any problem with it, like you said as long as it's done right, that's what matters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not see an issue, so long as you specifically state that you are not making any profit off of this, and that you give proper credit to the original story and author.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
reptile84

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no 'set' Batman Fan Film. I've watched some strange Batman Films created in France, Germany, even Mexico.
I liked the eeriness of their paper mache' Batman Mask.

Which is kind of funny, listening to 1940's Radio serials, I've heard Robin refer to Batman as 'Pappy' Rolling Eyes

Just create the best film you can; let the chips fall where they may.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Help Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: