Home | Films | Trailers | Teasers | Scripts | Submit | Forum | Chat | Newsletter | Contact 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Camera issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Camera issues Reply with quote

I seem to be running into an issue with my SONY HD camcorder which I used for filming: It has been locking up lately, which leads me to remove the battery, and then insert it again to "reboot." the camera. Is the motherboard giving out, or could it be the battery itself? Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
reptile84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the camera does everything else normal, like record, adjust for light, track focus, it would seem to be o.k. hardware wise. Confused

Unless your battery is flaky( I would think there would be a charge level indicator to tell you that or just try a new one)
It could be software got somehow corrupted.

See if perhaps your SONY firmware needs to be re-flashed...or upgraded. I know this is done for DVD players, CD Rom players.
..just an idea.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reptile84 wrote:
If the camera does everything else normal, like record, adjust for light, track focus, it would seem to be o.k. hardware wise. Confused

The camera does definitely work fine otherwise. I looked at the SONY site for firmware updates, and found none, but I may inquire with them on this.

My first suspicion, however, is with the battery, since those items tend to have relatively limited shelf lives. If nothing else I might consider replacing it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I purchased new batteries for the camera, and I am still having an issue with it locking up. So I need to do more research.
mdifilm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean lock up? did it lock up when recording? or just during standby? if it' standby, check to see if it's have the energy saving on, to conserve battery so it would turn off and you have to turn it back on. If it's during recording, check on the weather, was it in a cold area and then it was brough into a warm area? it also maybe there's a overloading/heating on the cpu that processes the images, it may be overheating. Also, check on audio level, when the audio is peaking, it would shut down automatically when it peaks more than normal. (read the manual too). With the hvx200, it does automatic shutdown and the audio is way too loud and peaks all the time.

S: A Superman Fan FIlm
facebook.com/S4superman

A Joker's Card - A parody Batman fan film. https://vimeo.com/1675742
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It locks up while recording. This did not happen for the first 3 years I had the camera, and began in September. It happens every so often when I am recording, and the temperature is usually at the normal level.

I just spoke with SONY support, and they report this is an internal problem. SONY will need at least $341 from me. Looks like my plan is to do two to three paid video gigs, then use the money for a new camcorder, perhaps a Canon or Panasonic.
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, 20 March: I have ordered a Canon XA10 camcorder, and it should be of a more professional grade, with audio outlets, and a manual focus lens. This will be used for paid video gigs, as well as for my Web series!
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdict on the Canon XA10: Excellent choice for a camera, especially given its price. There is a lot to learn, but the results are impressive, and cinematic!
Scott Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking camera! Feel free to post some samples.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CatfanBogota

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Hamilton wrote:
Great looking camera! Feel free to post some samples.

I will, since I will be filming a blog for Free Comic Book Day this weekend in Albany!
reptile84

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay...free comics. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BFF Forum Index » BATMAN: Help Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: